Neutralize...

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldfever007

Dear friends:
I would like to thank all members here for sharing their knowledge.
Second i want to ask a question about neutralize the bleach "HCL+BLEACH" , i don't want to use the evaporite method because i have a large quantity and it make tooks a lot of time ,so can i use urea to neutralize the bleach ? Also i read that vinegar can denoxx the bleach ...how much is that true???
Best regards

Yes as geedigity said

The chlorine from the bleach and hcl (muriatic) acid mixed is what allows the solution to take an electron away from the metallic gold allowing the gold to dissolve
The chlorine is what needs to be gone so you can give the solution back that electron when you introduce smb or other precipitant

As said heat to just below boil or to steam for a couple hours, this will drive the chlorine out

You can also leave your solution(auric chloride) outside in the sun open so the fumes can escape
For 4 or 5 hours

Hope this helps steyr223 rob

Hey goldfever007 you can also use Armor & Hammer Pure Baking Soda to neutralize the acid in your HCL & Bleach solution, just add a little bit at a time until it stops bubbling up and you don't smell anything from it.
I've done it myself like that and it took maybe 5 minutes to neutralize the acid, baking soda is good for lowering the PH level in acids.

Latest posts

Back