Brain-Fart Syndrome...Need Help!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachello

Hey guys,

I've been working on proving my hybrid theoretical Quantum Chemistry equation for days...In proving my theory the math led me to non-baryonic matter (Baryons = the subatomic particles of which normal, ordinary matter is composed of).

For the life of me I can not remember the Model equation for Negative Kinetic Energy & the complex rest mass equation of Tachyons inducing Tachyon Condensation. Including Energy-momentum relation in Wave Partical duality...I must of skipped a couple too many of those classes in school!

Aka...The subject of my post! I should know this & am almost embarrassed to have to ask...But am at a loss & I would ask my math peers but they would probably just laugh & point @ my post! :lol:

It's probably because of the weather! I own a construction co. We have been working long hrs in abnormally high heat & humidity for days! I have been actually feeling my braincells frying. Plus it's late & I'm tired, but like a dog with a bone, I stubbornly can't let it rest :(

I know there are lots of Chemists & Physicists here. Active & lurking on this forum! Any help will be much appreciated!!!

Rachel

Lou,

Lol. I wish! I am not coming up with the theory of relativity! It actually is an exercise for a summer class I'm taking. Which is ending up being a lot more work than I planned. We are supposed to come up with a theory, (does not matter what you theorize about) & describe it in detail. Then "prove" our theory using a specified number of the model equations we have went over extensively in the class prior.

Showing that we can put into practice & apply what we have learned into our own ideas. It doesn't have to be proven right but it does have to have a logical path. & it must contain all of the exercises specific requirements.

Rachel

Above my pay grade.

When you start talking negative kinetic energy I start thinking that you have negative mass. From a Newtonian point of view this is impossible.

Silliness aside...isn’t this what you pay a prof for?

Lou said:
Silliness aside...isn’t this what you pay a prof for?

Yup, but like so many very smart people he is really lacking in the Social skills department. & Now that I think about it pretty much all types of communication. Only had 1 session so far & it was supposed to be 3 hours, if he spoke for 5 minutes it would be a stretch! Read a couple thousand pages & complete this exercise! :?:

Talking about too much wine...I must have been drinking Jack on the day I thought taking a Quantum Chem class would be a fun thing to do this summer! :eek:

Ah well...Lesson learned :lol:

R

Haha I like this girl, left field thinking and as nutty as a snickers bar (in a good way.) Can we keep her? 8) 8)

Jon

Lol! You guys, like it or not you guys just might be stuck with me! :D

& On a side note, I prefer Payday's. Lots more nuts & no nougat! :lol:

Rachel

Well... I passed Quantum Chem. I'm not really sure what I learned v. What I already knew. The professor was a duche that was certifiable. To say the least I learned a lot of abnormal psychology during my Quantum Chem. Class. In the end I learned that people who take too smart classes during summer, do not fit my bill, aka they suck. It might be far above me, just in the introverted and abnormal psyche parameters of science & outta my world....thank god for small favors!!!!

Rachel

Back in the day when I studied chemistry I realized there were 3 major types of people that studied chemistry.

1. People who wanted to get the world high!
2. People that wanted to blow up the world.
3. And complete nerds, (which wasn't even a word back in 1969) but they were likely to take chemistry classes over the summer break.

I never took a chemistry class in the summer, the appeal of the ocean over-rode the desire, but I'm not really sure to this day where I fit into the 3 major types!

4metals said:
Back in the day when I studied chemistry I realized there were 3 major types of people that studied chemistry.

3. And complete nerds, (which wasn't even a word back in 1969) but they were likely to take chemistry classes over the summer break.

I never took a chemistry class in the summer, the appeal of the ocean over-rode the desire, but I'm not really sure to this day where I fit into the 3 major types!

That is hilarious....clearly I have split personality disorder. I vacation at type 1 but spend a fair amount of time at 3. Thankfully type two ended when I was in my 20's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haaa! That is really funny! Gotta love those Tachyons!! My kids love that movie especially my dinosaur obsessed son! Lol!
My Dad was a Navy Seal & I learned to swim before I could walk. I swim & sail in any sea like a fish in Water:)

That's Coming from a girl who's named her third child after James T. Kirk....aka Baby Tiberius!

Then again I am my Mothers daughter (she is a chemist) & I pick up any appliance on the side of the road to make it explode with Tannerite.

So maybe I am a Quantum Mixation of all three! (Lol, I made that up!)

Rachel

snoman701 said:
That is hilarious....clearly I have split personality disorder. I vacation at type 1 but spend a fair amount of time at 3. Thankfully type two ended when I was in my 20's.

Where do you vacation that is type 1, lol. Just wondering so I can plan my next trip....

Rachel :D

Rachello said:
I've been working on proving my hybrid theoretical Quantum Chemistry equation for days...In proving my theory the math led me to non-baryonic matter (Baryons = the subatomic particles of which normal, ordinary matter is composed of).

First of all I just wanted to get it out of the way that I am in no way qualified to discuss this at all, or even classical chemistry, for that matter.

I know it’s way past summer, but... does this help?

Please note that in the abstract already the author seems to tread into new age beliefs, mentioning things like the Akashi Records. I sort of wonder whether he might also be well-served by looking for info in the Library of Babel.

Incidentally, it’s interesting (and a complete waste of time), this library. Wikipedia has this to say in its plot summary:
Wikipedia said:
... Though the order and content of the books are random and apparently completely meaningless, the inhabitants believe that the books contain every possible ordering of just 25 basic characters (22 letters, the period, the comma, and space). Though the vast majority of the books in this universe are pure gibberish, the library also must contain, somewhere, every coherent book ever written, or that might ever be written, ...

The story (translated from Spanish) can be read here.

The Library of Babel (work of art, for research, inspiration, and contemplation) can be found at this site. They even have an image version of the library.

Did you ever work out your assignment? Most importantly, did you have fun and what did you learn during the summer course?

4metals said:

4metals, with the eloquence, thoroughness, and attitude you exhibit in your posts and the work that you do and your anecdote about starting a refinery to help out your previous two bosses (and the one about chemically curing your first boss of his urge of sneaking up on people), I believe you’re the 4th type.

4. Those who, wittingly or not, want to push humanity’s progress forward in big or small ways. A chemical engineer.

I know that that Indian refinery and myself have benefitted greatly from your posts, among many other members of this forum, I’m sure.

I also think that types 3 and 4 are likely the most obsessive-compulsive of them all, since this quality is almost a prerequisite of properly and safely practicing chemistry. You certainly seem to fit the bill (of being OC, I mean).

LT_golden said:
Rachello said:

First of all I just wanted to get it out of the way that I am in no way qualified to discuss this at all, or even classical chemistry, for that matter.

I know it’s way past summer, but... does this help?

Please note that in the abstract already the author seems to tread into new age beliefs, mentioning things like the Akashi Records. I sort of wonder whether he might also be well-served by looking for info in the Library of Babel.

Incidentally, it’s interesting (and a complete waste of time), this library. Wikipedia has this to say in its plot summary:
Wikipedia said:
... Though the order and content of the books are random and apparently completely meaningless, the inhabitants believe that the books contain every possible ordering of just 25 basic characters (22 letters, the period, the comma, and space). Though the vast majority of the books in this universe are pure gibberish, the library also must contain, somewhere, every coherent book ever written, or that might ever be written, ...

The story (translated from Spanish) can be read here.

The Library of Babel (work of art, for research, inspiration, and contemplation) can be found at this site. They even have an image version of the library.

Did you ever work out your assignment? Most importantly, did you have fun and what did you learn during the summer course?

LT_Golden,
I did work out what I believe to be a great theory! I cannot prove it With my original math, or I would be telling you I will shortly be presented with a Nobel Prize ! Lol!

What it did do was make a whole lot of fun for the holidays! My family always gets together & after a lengthy meal & a few bottles of wine we play board games....(mostly consisting of penny-poker) & discuss politics, economics, religion, history, science, engineering and theory...! All the things no one is supposed to bring up, my whole family thrives on. We argue & debate all night long. Everything we all learned since we last saw each other & make sure the rest of us know how each of us is the smartest! All under the desquise of "Clue";).

I must note...my theories on wave-particle-duality were a huge hit for both sides & everyone hated or fell in love with it...which made more great conversations :lol:

The library of Babel....Babylon is a great name to follow...not only did they predict the stars, celestial bodies, comets and the moon, they predicted them through mathematical equations that we can follow to this day. In everything the Babylonians did, the bedrock of their society was Sumerian. The Sumerians passed down & taught the next generations ancient language & how to translate ancient scriptures (laws) & languages from an ancient time to the new languages of the time.

Babylon is conceived to be a "New York City" of the time, but in these ways they changed history. Not only through translation of languages, but also instilling laws and knowing how to predict the movements of space, with solid Math which we still use this day...

I think if I wanted to belong to any society, it might be the Library of Babel, who's ideas & aspirations are endless...

Rachel

Back