Give me a problem to solve...

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok this is my delima had several grams of flour gold paned from virgina city all iron maged out still had hint of glass (quartsite) eveey bit of material classified acid soak with nitric mix water get rid of silver ok so ounce and change remaining mixed up a new batch of AR all lab grade acid can buy it at ledgends put it to soluthiin did it text book couldnet get nitric to let go used uria still nitric chargeing after weeks so i put it up sealed plastic its ben six months do i need to use the stump out again or dis the gold presipatate the ar was filtered no gold precipated then i allmost got it first try had black cloud would start to fall then it go back into soluthiin im sure i had gold stannis was indacateing good purple allmost black thats a good problem in the ar now there is stuff at bottom havent experminted yet whats the rite way to get my stuff out

jess fields,
I am having some trouble understanding your post.
From what I can understand, I say you need to study up about using a displacement reaction, do some study on the reactivity series of metals, Noting coppers position in the series in relation to hydrogen, and gold.

Copper will give up electrons to the acids (oxidation) reducing the acids to ionic salts (Anions), as acid takes the electrons and oxidizing the copper atoms to form ionic salts of copper (Cations), and also the copper atoms will give up their electrons (oxidation of copper) to the gold ions in solution, with the oxidation of copper we will also have the reduction (gain of electrons) of gold.
Basically copper loses electrons to gold ions reducing the gold to metal and oxidation of copper to ionic salt in solution. Cementing gold with copper metal.

Urea will not destroy the nitric acid, although it can remove some of the gases.

Now to deal with your toxic waste, read the topic dealing with waste in the safety section...

acpeacemaker said:
The answer to the equation of the Beal conjecture, with x,y,z all being greater than 2?

I actually had to submit an essay on the Beal conjecture, once apon a time...with x,y,z. All being greater than 2, x, y and z are positive integers & also greater than 2 than A, B and C must have a common prime factor. I think it was a raffle of some sort & nobody won it!

It had something to do with co-prime bases. I can't remember if it was Beal or "the other guy" that claimed his math used infinite decent, individual and separate to the other claims by mathematicians...

You have peaked my curiosity & made me curse my memory....I'll have to delve into my notebooks & search a little deeper:)

Rachel

jess fields said:
ok this is my delima had several grams of flour gold paned from virgina city all iron maged out still had hint of glass (quartsite) eveey bit of material classified acid soak with nitric mix water get rid of silver ok so ounce and change remaining mixed up a new batch of AR all lab grade acid can buy it at ledgends put it to soluthiin did it text book couldnet get nitric to let go used uria still nitric chargeing after weeks so i put it up sealed plastic its ben six months do i need to use the stump out again or dis the gold presipatate the ar was filtered no gold precipated then i allmost got it first try had black cloud would start to fall then it go back into soluthiin im sure i had gold stannis was indicating good purple allmost black thats a good problem in the ar now there is stuff at bottom havent experminted yet whats the rite way to get my stuff out

My first answer would be that you had too much free nitric in solution that reabsorbed your drop. With a case of too much nitric if you want to "start over", I would use up your free nitric with a metal higher on the reactivity series. You can use something common like aluminum foil although it will take quite a bit! I prefer to use zinc powder. Drop everything in your solution. Once you are sure all free nitric is used up, you can let all the powder settle & pour off any liquid. This would function like a "stock pot". You can process further by various means. Those ways are already well addressed on this forum. Just look up how to process your "stock pot".

You will not lose any values, but have a "second chance" chance at refining the values that you do have. Study the forum before you take your next leap:).

You have not lost what you have not gained...or spilled... :D

Rachel

butcher said:
Now to deal with your toxic waste, read the topic dealing with waste in the safety section...

I agree with this statement 1000% if you do not know or respect chemicals, you will hurt yourself. If you do not know how to deal with the toxic wastes of refining gold you will hurt the future for our children.

Rachel

DONT FORGET to test all liquid poured off with stannous!! Or you really will lose your values. Mind Butcher with dealing with toxic waste. There is a full section in this forum dedicated to it! That toxic waste is the liquid you are pouring off your solids. This is considered toxic wastes, please be mindful & follow regulations where you live to put it!
If your regulations are lax, please become a martyr & be an example for those around you to look up too...

R

You are both wrong...

goldenchild said:
What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

This is a reference to a process sponsored & hosted on google code. It references the "Python language". Which is named after Monty Python humor. See "Monty Python & the holy grail". Pay attention to the reference for the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow...

It is a programming language to reduce memory use & improve speed. Sadly it failed all "airspeed velocity" tests! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rachel

It is a programming language to reduce memory use & improve speed. Sadly it failed all "airspeed velocity" tests! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rachel
[/quote
]

So the "airspeed velocity" tests failed because they swallowed too much beer as all good grail searchers would do? :shock: :lol: :shock:

You'll not get any further help from me because I need to search for something to swallow. :?

James

[/quote[/i][/b]]
So the "airspeed velocity" tests failed because they swallowed too much beer as all good grail searchers would do? :shock: :lol: :shock:

You'll not get any further help from me because I need to search for something to swallow. :?
[/quote]

James,

Lol! :D It's Friday & I am parched....a cold one sounds like just the right medicine! :wink: :lol:

Rachel :D

Dr.xyz said:
My problem is that I don't believe her 37 patents exist...

Dr. XYZ,

I have already been reprimanded on this forum a couple times on avoiding confrontation. So for your sake, I’ll take the “high road” & give it to you straight up.

I don’t have to explain myself or provide proof of anything to anyone & that includes the likes of you. I believe in a previous statement I described several patents & none had anything to do with refining gold.

You talk like Chauvinism rules your life. After reading your posts I have come to the conclusion that your mind is infinitely small & You have a serious Inferiority Complex.

Maybe that is why others success bothers you so much.

Your aggressive & confrontational post really shows how clueless you are & insignificant you feel in normal friendly banter...

I’ll say it again...my question was all in good play...for what is life, if it’s not a game....

I bid you good luck, but leave us adults alone & let us have our fun...

Rachel :eek: :) :lol: :lol: :lol:

acpeacemaker said:
How does a bicycle stay upright. -Not the gyroscopic theory :)

Andrew]

Hey Andy,

This is such a good one! It is b/c of Newton's first law. It states that an object @ rest tends to stay @ rest & an object in motion tends to stay in motion...(the force behind so many self-help-gurus today;).

Newtons laws stay applicable as long as no unbalanced force intervenes (aka the rider).

We all have to learn balance in our lives & riding a bike might just be every person's first forte :lol:

Rach :D

A lot of the stability of a bicycle is in the angle the steering column makes with the vertical axis. The front wheel is located a bit in front of the vertical line from the bearings. I looked into it 25 years ago as an assignment in physical modelling and I soon found out that the problem is quite intricate and a lot more advanced than people might think.

Göran

Back