recuperation of precious metals from activated carbon used in cleaning plating solutions

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

i have a lot of filter papers impreganated with active carbon---these papers was used to filtrate dirty or used plating solutions ----gold,rhodium ,paladium,and silver---whem filtrating the active carbon ADSORBS precious metals ions in its structure---how would one recuperate these pms from the activated carbon? At the moment,i use a semi-open oven,to burn out the carbon as co2,leaving the bulk of the pms for further purification-----Can members,sugest some other methods for this task?
thanks all members and friends for sugestions---my method take many hours in the oven

Snomam----i have many kilos,over a 100kilos----and i can collect more from all over here--- i have an ideia,of using a vessel with NACN+H2O2---or NACN+OXIDIZER(MNSS)---but i will consult forum members with more practise in using this method-------at the momemt i am using the way i described in my previous thread--the one that you think is the best way----thanks for your reply
Regards
Arthur Kierski

Here's another option

https://www.saimm.co.za/Journal/v094n08p187.pdf

Your method will likely work, but will also consume a lot of cyanide.

I think I'd look for a bigger furnace.

Snomam,i looked at the option of elution with Na2S----but i preffer to use the method with the furnace---I told that i do it in an oven--In reallity i use a quite big furnace----as the work is high,i might buy another furnace,or make a try with cyanide---i have lot of Nacn----that is not a problem----I only hope,that it will strip pms metals from the carbon as quickly as gold plating is stripped when using Cianide solutions.Thanks again in folowing this threads,and helping with sugestions------
Arthur Kierski

The thread reppited itself 3times---I am sorry, but i do not know how to delete it

Arthur, I deleted the extra posts. As Jim said, if you notice a post has duplicated itself, you can delete it yourself if no one else has posted yet by clicking on the X icon. FrugalRefiner

Now it will have to be deleted by a moderator.

But you can always delete your last post, if no one has responded afterwards.
There should be an x near the edit and report post buttons.

Back