palladium plating solution

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

As i have lots of pd--i am looking for a formulation of pd plating solution-- i produce rh plating solution---i heard that one uses pdcl +`naoh-----if someone could give me the correct formulation , i would be glad---i know that the plating solution have 0,5 grams of pd in the form of pdcl2-------thanks in advance to all,
Arthur Kierski

Hello, Arthur
I found this recipe in an old book. It was not tested by me but I hope to help you.

6gr/l Palladium(II) chloride PdCl2
160gr/l Disodium phosphate Na2HPO4. nH2O
40gr/l Diammonium phosphate (NH4)2HPO4
2.8gr/l Benzoic acid C6H5COOH
T=50C
0.2-0.3A/dm

Thanks Rucito,i will look at this formulatio----My first doubt is 6grams Pdcl2 per litre---i think it might be,6grams of pd sponge dissolved to form pdcl2------and complete with distiled water to a litre----and the other products dissolved in this same litre------thanks very much for your clue----
regards
Arthur Kierski

No Arthur - Palladium Chloride Crystals (red) is written.
First mix the ingredients with water. A reaction begins and the solution color, from red, should become yellow.
Metal palladium is used for anode.

Hello Arthur!

Once someone told me to just dissolve the Pd(NH3)2Cl2 complex in ammonia (yellow palladium salt/ not Pd-DMG).
Sadly he didn't remember how much ammonia was used.

thanks rucito and golda nd silver123------as i have too much work at the moment---i decided to postpone palladium plating solutions for the present moment---i will keep the information given to me by you two,for future reference-----thanks for the moment
Arthur Kierski

Hi Ruscito,
Good Afternoon,
I refine gold at our company everyday. We get customer rejections, Internal process rejections etc, which are plated with Rhodium. Hence I have collected around 400-500 grams of Refined pure Rhodium this way & it is in powder form.
I would like to make it into Rhodium plating solution again for replating.. Can you guide me as to how to make the plating solution in detail please...
Kindly explain me step by step process....so that i can do it carefully in order to avoid mistakes..
Awaiting for your reply......
Warm Regards,
Prakash V Pai
INDIA

Back