yellow fluffy dmgPD salt ,how to proceed from this?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

I obtained yellow pd salt after precipitating a pd solution with dmg(dimethil glioxime)---i would like to know,the ways to obtain the pd powder(metal) from this yellow pddmg salt---? add naoh, or ----incinerate the salt? i found some difficulty in dissolving this salt in nh4oh----,where i would filtrate the impurites out ,and add hcl to make the yellow pd salt----h2pd(cl6). Thanks for coments and sugestions---- Arthur Kierski

Thanks Dave,the link that you passed to me cleared my mind---- i decided to try the straight way---that is:pddm(yellow salt)+nh4oh=pink solution---filtrate the pink solution ---then add Hcl to make yellow nh4pdcl6------and reduce this yellow salt with boiling formic acid---i did this before ,and the only problem is that the black pd powder formed is dificult to filtrate---the powder passes through the filter paper and one has to refiltrate to get hold of the powder in the filter paper----thanks again ,yours Arthur Kierski

Back