CYANIDE DO NOT GET INSIDE INGUN PROBE PINS HELP !!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razvanflorin

Hello everybody ! I Would need some help..

i have 25 kg of this kind of pins ( INGUN PROBE PINS )
Those pins are gold plated inside & outside, and inside them is an iron spring that is gold plated too.

the problem is that i want to refine them in Cyanide and the cyanide didn't enter inside them, i tryed to put them inside and Ultrasonic Cleaner but is not working.. if anyone have any idea please tell me !

Thanks !

Attachments

• TB1OkT.IVXXXXb3XXXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg
    TB1OkT.IVXXXXb3XXXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 124
If the pins are hollow you need to tumble the pins in a cyanide solution so that the solution is constantly been refreshed and passing over and into the hollows, it may take a while to strip the insides but it will work.

razvanflorin said:
Someone told me to put them in a hermetically sealed recipe and add air pression with a pump.

That way you will make the solution enter in the cavity, but it will not leave.

I would disassembly or break all of them, then tumble in cyanide/sodium 3-nitrobenzenesulfonate.

goldandsilver123 said:
razvanflorin said:
Someone told me to put them in a hermetically sealed recipe and add air pression with a pump.

That way you will make the solution enter in the cavity, but it will not leave.

I would disassembly or break all of them, then tumble in cyanide/sodium 3-nitrobenzenesulfonate.

As long as the gold get dissolved it will be divided in all the solution. so i don't think that will remain very much (gold-cyanide) inside them

You would be surprised at how much solution can be trapped inside the pins. Is there some way you can have them milled or shredded?

As with any stripping process rinses are needed to recover as much of the values as possible, you will never get 100% whatever you do unless you have the time and patience and don’t care about solution volumes, but it is quick and cost effective if you have volumes of scrap to process but results will nearly always be below the assay but as it’s used on plated scrap does it really matter as no two items are the same.

Not pressure, use a vacuum environment. Vacuum will remove the air and if the air leaves something has to replace it.

Back