reducung yellow pd salt to pd

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

Yesterday , i tried to reduce Nh4Pd(cl)6--yellow paladium salt to paladium metal powder, with formic acid--and after a long time trying ,i did not obtained sucess--- i added nh4oh to elevate the ph of the solution and still nothing happened-------Fed up,i filtrated out the yellow salt ,and calcinated the yellow salt to paladdium powder-----5years ago i did this operation frequently-----Did i miss something? Please help----Regards to all,
Arthur

Lino,i did boil the solution of yellow salt with formic----and added some nh4oh --to try to raise the ph to almost seven--slightly acid----no result------then i filtrated and calcined the yellow salt to pd ----Then ,i went (today) to re-read C.W.Ammen book on pd chapter,and remembered how to obtain pd from yellow salt with formic acid-----Ammem reminded me of something that i used to do many years ago(2011)----i even wrote a thread on this subject at the time-- freechemist and a member from India helped me with the problem---thanks and regards to you------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Arthur Kierski

Dave, i try to share what i remember----But as you are seeing i do not remember everything---when i ask for help,is true,not fake---I stayed five years away from purifying and refining---before this five years ,i worked daily and passed all my experiments to members of this prestigious forum---Sorry if sometimes,i ask stupid or naif questions------but i am working with complex things--and try to give more profits to me and my partners

Arthur, I wasn't questioning you willingness to share. I've read all your posts and I know how much you've given to us all.

It just sounded like by reading Ammen you were reminded of something you've done in the past that was not included in your opening post describing what you had done this time.

I meant no offense.

Dave

Dave,i did not take your remarks as an ofense---- i precipitated myself in trying to reduce the yellow salt like a simple operation----i knew that i was doing something wrong-----i wanted results and did not do the right ritual------when i read Ammen,i realized my mistake----regards to you,
Arthur Kierski

I suppose it's referred to Ammen's recommendation to add few drops of formic acid after neutralizing with ammoniac

Back