problems with lead.even whem tjere is oficially no lead in the issue

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

Always ,or almost allways ,whem treating carbon plated wires with nitric acid,or gold plated wires to recuperate gold,or dealing with ag, lead appears as impurity----even whem officially lead is not present in the issue (in the process)---some friends tells me that this lead is present in the acids used---does anyone knows from where this lead appears?---thanks to all replies---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Arthur

Arthur with your gold solutions use sulfamic to de Noxx before you filter that will turn any lead present to a sulphate which you can filter off.

When the gold solution is not clear(transparent ),i use sulfuric acid to precipitate lead out--on silver chloride ,i pass hot water several times--on rhodium sulphate solutions,i filtrate the lead sulphate out--Thanks for the sulfanic,for gold solutions---But the question is : from where this lead comes?

Back