a process from thailand

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashir

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iXF4_mib_ck
which process this guy sharing to remove gold from plated boards. can any describe in english what chemical he is using?

thanks man
its to dangerous to handle cyanide as i know. and its wirking fast , i dont think cyanide work as fast as this guy showing. and its completely unsafe! while cyanide description, i got from forum, is to remove copper and leave gold behind! actually i not study about cyanide as i read its dangers, so i stop reading more on it,
why take name, where you will not go!

ashir said:
why take name, where you will not go!
Well, I read every post on the forum, whether I was interested or not. Threads often twist and turn as they go, and can lead to discussions that may benefit you. There are hidden gems of knowledge throughout the forum, but you have to read it all to find them.

Dave

thanks . you are right. but i always choose a topic and read it, understand it , practice it, then go to another process. i think cyanide is slow than sulfuric cell. i see another post by owltech using iodine leaching. what you think which is less dangrous and fast!

another question. quite irrelevent but no one answering me on related post. if you guys can help!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1dW8_-9NODg
here is a video. they use crucibles but something outerside of crucible is not usual with nirmal crucibles. can any one describe what they are using aroung the crucible

I observed smelting, scorification of the lead...
The fumes around this area are deadly for any residents who live nearby.
I am not sure about helping with your question, of something outside of the crucible or around the crucible.

ashir said:
thanks . you are right. but i always choose a topic and read it, understand it , practice it, then go to another process. i think cyanide is slow than sulfuric cell. i see another post by owltech using iodine leaching. what you think which is less dangrous and fast!

A sulphuric cell is arguably more dangerous than using cyanide properly. Hot concentrated Sulphuric acid is utterly lethal. As for speed- whilst you're feeding another few grammes of plated material to your cell, you can be leaching 20Kg or more in one go in a well designed cyanide process.

Dave was right in his suggestion. Don't close your mind to things.

Edit for spelling.

anachronism thank you. i read alot about preparing a sulfuric cell. but you give me a one more option, i will start learning about cyanide process. and i think it will more helpfull in removing gold from plated cell phone boardsafter depopulating them, thanks alot

Please do a LOT of reading before trying either of these processes. Both have their demons, and both can be considered the same as fire. "It's a wonderful servant but a cruel master."

Talk to other people using these methods and learn about the pitfalls and possible problems and how to deal with them should they occur BEFORE doing anything.

I'd suggest a lot of study, and a few visits to colleagues who already do this before trying yourself. Excuse my bluntness however you're not yet experienced enough to attempt either of them.

very nice advice. yes i also feel i am not ready any of these procese. yet i study nearly all about sulphuric cell written on this forum and watched alot videos on youtube.
and i was thinking to make a cell for test run
cyanide is still new for me. here is the main problem no one use such processes and even if someone doing this ( very far from me) not know what and why they are doing. once i travell a refinery for viewing a ball mill. and that person measure the balls with a local term that i never hear before and i never read any where. i ask him to explaon in mm's or in inches' he said i do not know what is it. well , i postpond the ideas and thinking to keep collecting stuff till i find a proper and safest way to handel cyanide od aulphuric cell! thanks again

Latest posts

Back