free sulphuric acid in a rh plating solutions

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

Up to now, i worked with 2gram rh plating solution in a 100cc --in this 100cc ,20 cc was of free acid sulfuiric------it worked very well in small plating solution shops,and in jewellers shops----they diluted the 100cc to 1000 cc by adding 900cc of distilled water---Now i am dealing with industrial set ups ,that have plating bath with at least 100liters - their chemists asked me to change the concentration of free acid in my rh plating solution from 20cc,to five cc---- in other words 100 plating solution will have 500cc of sulfuric acid,instead of 2000cc ,or 2liters of sulphuric acid(as before))--My question is? will this change of concentration affect the quality of my plating solutions? the chemist say,that the quality will get much better,and the performance will last longer---- thanks for replies ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Arthur Kierski-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ps--I agree with the chemists-- too-much acid will burn the plating pieces,and attack them----it is a change of paradigm(total different situations)

They just want a Rhodium replenish solution, different from jewelers that usually use the bath until depletion, industrial setups usually replenish their baths.

Back