How can recovery gold ore by mercury after ball mill

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gold man

Hello my friends..
My name is talal.. From Sudan.. IAm working in small scale gold mining am use no jaw crusher and take gold ore by dump car two days to my company I mill ore by wet grinding machine recovery mercury..
If I want to use ball mill on side also recover by mercury what machine I should use after ball mill..

My gold ore quartz.. Daily 20 ton gold ore
Per ton 6 gram gold..
Please am new here if some one can help me
Thanks
With best regards

Using mercury at this scale sounds like a creating a big environmental problem. If you mill 20 ton ore mixed with mercury I bet you create splatters al over. You have to distill the mercury off, but on this scale that sounds almost impossible. JUST DON'T DO IT!

Years ago I spent a lot of time in Ecuador recovering and refining gold. The gold was also brought into the "mill" by independent miners and the rocks were pulverized and the water flowing out of the mill flowed down a flat wide trough with a gentle slope covered by a green fake grass carpet which served as a riffle. After the flow cleared the mill, the lighter dust flowed off and the rug was removed, put into a large drum and shaken to remove all of the material collected.

They let everything settle and siphoned off to the bottom water and panned what remained with mercury.

Today they make spiral wheels and more efficient riffles that will do a better collection job. I am sure some of the members here who do placer mining can recommend some equipment for this purpose.

4metals said:
Years ago I spent a lot of time in Ecuador recovering and refining gold. The gold was also brought into the "mill" by independent miners and the rocks were pulverized and the water flowing out of the mill flowed down a flat wide trough with a gentle slope covered by a green fake grass carpet which served as a riffle. After the flow cleared the mill, the lighter dust flowed off and the rug was removed, put into a large drum and shaken to remove all of the material collected.

They let everything settle and siphoned off to the bottom water and panned what remained with mercury.

Today they make spiral wheels and more efficient riffles that will do a better collection job. I am sure some of the members here who do placer mining can recommend some equipment for this purpose.
Thanks my friend I will try to ask more

Latest posts

Back