Pent 4 lids question

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmfranc

Have about 60 lids. Read to do the Muriatic and peroxide brew. First to clean then new mix and heated for a couple hours. Only a couple glass pieces came off lids. Continue until all is removed from lids including gold? Change to something else?

F9B069A4-611F-4F67-AD92-8B6255452B6A.jpeg

3DA34556-DF41-4F30-98D8-4DEF0C6203A9.jpeg

Everything removed - just copper and gold leaf remain. I’ve read conflicting techniques on the next step. Some say the Muriatic and peroxide soak for a few days will have the gold slide off and others say only reverse electroplate will do it. I’d like to do Muriatic method if possible. Anyone have success with this method or do you end up just putting a ton of copper into solution?

Anyone process the glass/silicone/dies? I’ll have a bunch if you want them. Well, not a bunch, but the shards and full pieces of maybe 100 of these. I’m in the US

7F0DA230-598C-4643-B89C-45CAA24D2377.jpeg

Also, I’m saving all the chemicals from lids in separate containers in case there’s something in solution that I’m not aware of. Can only think of maybe nickel, tin, and led

There will be no lead but indium is used to solder the die to the heat spreader... probably more indium than tin.

A lot of metal for a small amount of gold. I put my lids in my stock pot.

Göran

Latest posts

Back