precipitated green dimettyl glioxime pd

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

when precipitating pd from a solution,with dmg,first i obtained a grreen powder,after washing this powder ,it turns to the yellow dimetil glioxime pd powder------what is this green powder that becomes yellow volumous dmgpd?---whem i put this powder in a becker under a stove---the yellow powder dryes slowly and becomes black palladium sponge---

Dave, i already wrote a thread,that i had copper wires plated with a gold flash,and over this flash,with paladium ----i asked for sugestions of how to recuperate the paladium and the litlle gold in the wires----many kilos of this wire----I decided to fuse this wires into copper bars.and put this bars in ar----it becomes a solution with gold,copper and palladium----no residue------to this solution i add dmg,and a green pdg pwder is formed--on filtration and washing this green powder,it becomes the yellow fluffy PDDMG powder===this pwder is put in a pyrex vessel,and the vessel is heated lightly ,and a black (impure) pd sponge is formed----the question was ,why a green powder is formed ?,and on washing ,becomes yellow fluffy powder---i think that no niquel is involved,and as the solution is acid,niquel is not precipitated------ni with dmg, in an alkaline ambient,would precipitate a red powder-------- i am writing this long thread
in attention to members that helped me to form this sistem-----1kilo of the wire have 1,5grams of palladium--Know with slight changes ,i obtain rhodium from plated wires-----the forum members helped me a lot---so have to show the results obtained to them----thanks for reading this thread---Arthur Kierski

Arthur the color may be due to the high copper content because you say once washed it turns yellow and copper solutions tend to be blue so blue and yellow will give you the green you see.

Thanks NICKVC again---your common sense decifrated the greem salt---after wash the yellow palladium appears--yes, excess of copper in the wires--------another thing that you helped me a lot,was in the other thread,to melt the wires and make a kind of copper------------------------------- ingot---then attack the ingot with nitric,or ar----the procees became quicker,and today i am processing many kilos of the wire---for au and pd-----really ,thankyou very much -----yours Arthur Kierski

Platdigger,my good forum friend, i filtrate the green pd salt,and on the filter paper,i wash with cold water -----the green stuff,as the water flows over it,gradually becomes the yellow pddmg ----it takes only a few minutes--thanks for following me in the threads---------Arthur-----when i say wash,is clean with cold water in the bushcner-----

Thank you Arthur.
The reason I asked is that it is good to know, that dmg will bring down a bit of copper if there is a lot in solution.
And that it can be rinsed out with just cold water. Thanks

Platdigger I suspect that it’s not precipitating copper but with the precipitate been so fluffy it can absorb a lot of the solution which Arthur can then simply rinse off to expose the pure precipitate.

I think that both(Platdigger and Nickvc) are correct----i filtrate the green material with a vacuun pump,and wash the material with cold water--the material changes to yellow color,and the vacum pump ,helps to diminish the volume of the of the yellow powder by pumping*(filtrating) the impregnated liquid out---regards to you two------Arthur

Back