Pogo Pins yield

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chirou

Hello. I got like 1kg or more of pogo pins (one with springs inside). Anybody know what is yeld of gold from them ? I'm getting rather big quantities for free, i'm removing springs manually and then sort them into 2 piles magnetic and non magnetic pins. And i was wondering how much the yield from them could be, how much gold can i expect from them ? I'll attach photo what type of pins i mean.

From my experience, they yield around 2g +/- per pound... some have plated springs.

I incinerate them, then run thru PMAR.

Take care!
Phil

Attachments

• IMG_2372.JPG
    IMG_2372.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_2373.JPG
    IMG_2373.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 187
Thank you, Kurt!

I've been very busy... last 3 or 4 months we've had tons of steel to fabricate. Money was good, but very little time for processing or anything else. I was able to finish a 4.7 Toz. quota for a friend on New Years Eve... he's very happy with the results! :G
20181230_150015.jpg
I'll be doing very little processing this year... need to deal with some health issues.

Next week I'll have a week off, so will be heading down to Auburn, Cal. with my wife to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. I hope weather will be good! 8)

philddreamer said:
will be heading down to Auburn, Cal. with my wife to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary.
Congratulations on that Phil!! My wife and I are only at 38 years (so far). I hope you have a truly golden celebration!!!

Dave

Thank you very much for answer ^^ i get a lot of them for free so i think if i won't mess up i will be happy this year XD. Sorry to ask so much questions but i get a lot of gold plated pins and gold flash pins also i know that gold flash pins are like almost none gold but is there any way the will be useful ? Cause i really get a lot of them for free with pogo pins and gold plated ones i sort them all separately but i was wondering if it is even profitable to collect these gold flash pins.

Hello. I got like 1kg or more of pogo pins (one with springs inside). Anybody know what is yeld of gold from them ? I'm getting rather big quantities for free, i'm removing springs manually and then sort them into 2 piles magnetic and non magnetic pins. And i was wondering how much the yield from them could be, how much gold can i expect from them ? I'll attach photo what type of pins i mean.
You are so smart,in general,The pogo pin gold plating about 5u".I think you're gonna be disappointed

You are so smart,in general,The pogo pin gold plating about 5u".I think you're gonna be disappointed
Welcome to us.
You start with a strange post though.
Anyway, Chirou has not been here in almost a year.

Here are something for you to study:

We ask our new members to do 3 things.
1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

Forum rules : https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/board-policy-this-should-be-read-by-everyone.4646/

Back