Unexposed photo paper

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pikpok

Hi .

Im have in my company lot of Unexposed photo paper . How to recovery silver from it ?
Next question is how to recover silver from bleach and fixer solution ? My machine manufacture 600 liters per month this solution im think there is many silver to recovery .
Im find on youtube a film but i don't know how to do ? process look easy can any explain it ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGxiuINZtV8

I will be grateful for any help
best regards
Peter

Welcome to the forum.
While English isn't your first language most of the forum is in English so use the search function top right of your screen and under authors look for Goldsilverpro or Juan Manuel Arcos Frank and in the topic post silver film that should give you plenty to read by our top experts.

The best and easiest way to recover silver from un-exposed film/paper is to use the normal photographic fixer to strip it.

Then use an electrolytic recovery unit on the used fixer.

This will yield 97%+ pure silver flake right away with no chemical processes to go though.

from must be made anode and cathode to this method work?
im have something to add to the solution?
what voltage applications?
best regards
Peter

pikpok,

May I suggest doing some study on the subject you wish to learn, this will give you the best answer for your questions, the silver section of the forum there is information on just about every thing dealing with silver, even discussions dealing with your current question, you will also find many documents there like the Kodak film industry documents and patents...

This way one question with one answer does not lead to a hundred new questions with no answers, by studying you learn many answers even before you have the questions to ask, which will also lead to more questions but, know you know how to get those answers easily.

This is the best answer I can think of to help you with this current question.

hi butcher !

Im ask there cuz in my google can't find any info :( In my country recovery silver is illegal u need to have mine company and all permission , In other situation u have many trouble .
so people do not speak about it openly on the web :roll: my English is too bad to study all forum and translate all post is inaccurate :|

Get a good English speaking friend to translate for you or pay a translator, if you have volumes of this material or a constant supply it might be worth your costs.

pikpok,

The process or processes, and answers can be found here on the forum, as a member you have free assess to this information, the search button will help you find what your looking for, I understand translation of document can be difficult, but if I wished to learn something I will go to the trouble needed to find the answer, If I was not interested enough to work to get those answers I would just sell the silver bearing film.

Search the forum you will find your answer in forum discussions and documents like these:
Or sell your scrap and buy silver with the money.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/search.php?keywords=Photo+paper+silver+recovery&terms=all&author=&sv=0&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=film+silver+recovery+&num=1000&ft=i&as_sitesearch=goldrefiningforum.com&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=Kodak+silver+recovery+papers+&num=1000&ft=i&as_sitesearch=goldrefiningforum.com&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=7361&p=66841&hilit=photo+paper#p66841

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/documents/f9/0900688a800f80f9/J210ENG.pdf

Juan Manuel Arcos Frank posted these(see attachments), and much other information searching his posts on the subjects would be of help.

I do not have experience in recovery of silver from film or photo paper, but if I wish to do it all the information I would need is here on the forum for free, I would just have to do a little work to study it.
As I understand it there are different ways silver is used in film photography and X-ray, so choosing a method of recovery may be based on the type of scrap you are dealing with.

You did not give details of what type of film or photo paper you are dealing with, that can have a lot to do with the best recovery process needed.

If you know the type of paper or film you are working with try searching for a process to recover silver from that type of scrap, GSP (Gold Silver Pro), and Juan Manuel Arcos Frank both have made many excellent posts on these subjects.
GSP has made thousands of very helpful posts to anyone wishing to learn silver recovery, searching his post will be very helpful to your learning silver recovery.
GSP also has a book for sell that may help.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=7361&p=66841&hilit=photo+paper#p66841

That is the best I can help you to get silver from your photo paper, without doing the study for you, I could do the study for you, if you wish to pay for my time of studying silver recovery from photo paper, but I think you would find it cheaper and easier, and you would learn more doing the work yourself for free.

If you do some homework to learn more about what you are trying to do, then you will have enough knowledge of what you will be doing and then you could get into a conversation about the process and gain more help from the forum members.

Giving more information of the type of paper or film you have may also get you better results in your search for information.

Attachments

• J210.PDF
    208.7 KB · Views: 21
  • J211.PDF
    120.5 KB · Views: 16
  • J212.PDF
    120.5 KB · Views: 18
  • J212ENG.pdf
    309.8 KB · Views: 18
  • J213.PDF
    120.5 KB · Views: 18
  • J214.PDF
    232.2 KB · Views: 20
  • J215.PDF
    310.9 KB · Views: 27
  • J217.PDF
    633.9 KB · Views: 32
hi !
thank for all link ! :idea:
im try to learn all , and in kodak opinion in be very rich people :oops: chemical from my process got 6-7,5 g silver per L so im think its good idea to recovery this silver :) in month im produces near 600 L ! chemical :p the assumption that electrolysis has 90% efficiency im can got 3 kg silver per month :mrgreen: .
im go learn more because my life is not a long time may change :)

ps . two electrolysis tank ist good idea? 1 with hight voltage and 2ndr with small voltage ?

pikpok said:
hi butcher !

Im ask there cuz in my google can't find any info :( In my country recovery silver is illegal u need to have mine company and all permission , In other situation u have many trouble .
so people do not speak about it openly on the web :roll: my English is too bad to study all forum and translate all post is inaccurate :|

I hope you have all those permissions. Otherwise this whole thing will not be worth even 10kg silver per month. You could sell those liquids to a legal refinery.

im dont have any permissions to relif this silver . In legal refinery pay to small price :twisted: because is management of the my country .

pikpok,

Take the time needed to study, getting that education is where you will get the silver.

You still did not say what kind of photo paper you have, you did state it was unexposed, which may mean the silver is in an oxidized state,or an emulsion of silver salts or compounds, there can be several ways to get silver from film, much of how and why would depend on the type of film and the state of the silver, study more so you can ask the right questions and get more help to fill your education, as you learn more you will be able to ask questions (with more knowledge yourself, of the right question to ask,)and maybe one of the members knowledgeable in what your doing can help you out more, once you have a better understanding of what you have and what you may need to do...

butcher said:
pikpok,
You still did not say what kind of photo paper you have,
Im have normal papper for color prints Fuji Crystal archive .

Juan Manuel Arcos Frank said:
Pikpok:

Follow Butcher´s advices,they are perfect and useful and will guide you toward pure silver.

By the way,where do you live?.

Kindest regards.

Manuel

Im live in poland .

pikpok said:
butcher said:
pikpok,
You still did not say what kind of photo paper you have,
Im have normal papper for color prints Fuji Crystal archive .

Pikpok:

Follow Butcher´s advices,they are perfect and useful and will guide you toward pure silver.

By the way,where do you live?.

Kindest regards.

Manuel

Im live in poland .
Buy an old camera that uses this type of film and tell everyone you talk to you are an amateur photographer. That way you will have a reason to have the materials to process this film.
That will help you stay out of trouble as most countries around the EU are coming down hard on home refiners and recyclers.

Pikpok:

You can soak that unexposed paper into your spent blix/fix solution and recover all silver it contains.Now,you have to recover all silver in your blix/fix spent solution by using metallic replacement process,zinc/acid process,sodium sulphide process or using an ESRU(Electrolytic Silver Recovery Unit which is very expensive).

Look,take a piece of unexposed paper and dip it into your spent bleach/fixer solution and tell us what happens.

Pozdrowienia.

Manuel

Pikpok:
Look,take a piece of unexposed paper and dip it into your spent bleach/fixer solution and tell us what happens.

Manuel
If dip the peper intro waste bleach/fix all silver are removed :) Ist great idea !!!thanks a lot .
today im will try make prototype electrolysis unit and i will try recovery this silver.
Im have one more questtion Anode and catode must be make from copper or graphite ?

hi .
im make someone test with my chemical . matal replacament working fine but so slowly :(
Im dont know how make electorissys or im make this wrong :( cathode = stailess steel 333 anode = coper , tig electrode , alminium dont work or im make it wrong :(
photo = metal replacement ( roll ist make from copper )

Attachments

• CAM00071.jpg
    CAM00071.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 276
pikpok,

better to pay to learn English, then pay translator, if it is illegal to refine in your country.

that way only you will know about refining silver, & stay out of trouble.

Back