Dissolve PALLADIUM CARBONATE with HCL

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joandinan

Hi i'm from INDONESIA.

can PALLADIUM CARBONATE dissolve with HCL, and precipitated as (NH4) 2 (PdCl6) ...?

if reading the article from google patent that i include,
I assume if palladium, silver and other base metals are dissolved with HNO3, to obtain palladium can be done with a little trick without the need for DMG or other. can anyone comment on this ...?

(sorry if my English is bad)
aa8d0a664e20fa3a889d2560444fcf46.jpg
43279b31eed1c33e9ab0a88297905b0c.jpg
26fb29f8c1513cbe0e0c0a3173547558.jpg

Sent from my SM-J105F using Tapatalk

Lino1406 said:
Ammonium hexachloropalladate for achieving what?

thank you Lino. sorry I late for reply.
I have 1kg metal alloy, copper, silver, lead and palladium. I will dissolve the metal alloy with nitrate, I plan to recover the silver and palladium by adding a sodium carbonate on the solution of nitrate to pH 8 - 10, after sediment / suspension, I plan to recover the silver by dissolving silver, palladium .etc with HCL and silver will be a silver chloride
and palladium .etc will soluble by HCL. from this step, can i increase the value of Valence palladium to palladium IV and precipitate palladium as NH4Pd2Cl6 ... ???

thank you previous Lino
b06fb343345fbb2399116bb7a6ca5c1b.jpg
0e18ee6300ff95868ee81310a18ec7b7.jpg
a32253a282a3f3b6bf7f70bb51b50638.jpg

Lino1406 said:
What you need Ammonium hexachloropalladate for?

because I'm only able to recover palladium that way. I do not know any other way, like from a nitrate solution, I can only recover palladium with selective chloride solution. I'm not an expert [WHITE SMILING FACE]

Lino1406 said:
What you need Ammonium hexachloropalladate for?
any suggestion for me ..? I usually add zinc to the nitrate solution, and purify the palladium by dissolving it with aqua regia. And next time I want to try with other methods.

I hope there is a cheap way of recovering palladium in nitrate solution and how do you think with NaOH and FORMALDEHYDE ?

Thanks Lino

Better to act with A/P this will leave palladium as is, copper in solution, PbCl2 and AgCl as white sediments

Lino1406 said:
Better to act with A/P this will leave palladium as is, copper in solution, PbCl2 and AgCl as white sediments

Oh ...., thanks God.

And thanks Lino, I almost forgot this Methode, simple and inexpensive,
......until you told me.

I thought CuCl2 by it self could dissolve palladium.
It's part of the Wacker process, but maybe it requires heat or pressure to work. I've never tested it other than I have some copper chloride solution that tests positive to palladium.

Pd + 2CuCl2 → 2CuCl + PdCl2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wacker_process

Göran

This could be a long (several days) procedure, followed with testing of dissolved Pd until the optimal concentrations decided. In the worst case, some Pd will dissolve with Cu.

Lino1406 said:
This could be a long (several days) procedure, followed with testing of dissolved Pd until the optimal concentrations decided. In the worst case, some Pd will dissolve with Cu.

thanks. I'll try your suggestion.

g_axelsson said:
I thought CuCl2 by it self could dissolve palladium.
It's part of the Wacker process, but maybe it requires heat or pressure to work. I've never tested it other than I have some copper chloride solution that tests positive to palladium.

Pd + 2CuCl2 → 2CuCl + PdCl2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wacker_process

Göran

Thanks Göran.

Back