refining iridium

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imrani

How I refine iridium from ore. Any suggestions . I lost iridium many times my process is failed plz guide me

I m a mine owner in gilgit buldistan valley Pakistan . I have tested it in laboratory . Test report is 3%au±27%iridium+20%osmium +0.8%pd.
I tried many time to refine it but failed plz help me I have 11700kgs in my available stock I want to refine these metals

Here is the attachment of my report

Attachments

• IMG-20181124-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20181124-WA0006.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 702
  • IMG-20181124-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20181124-WA0007.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 700
That doesn't answer my question of how the test was performed. Was it XRF or some other type of test?

I also don't see anything in the report about the osmium and palladium you mentioned.

Dave

This is a laboratory test not xrf . It's chemical laboratory test in this time I don't know about test name I will tell tomorrow and I also have xrf reports I m sharing you

Here is xrf report

Attachments

• IMG-20181209-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20181209-WA0001.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 693
  • IMG-20181209-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20181209-WA0001.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 690
imrani said:
I m a mine owner in gilgit buldistan valley Pakistan . I have tested it in laboratory . Test report is 3%au±27%iridium+20%osmium +0.8%pd.
I tried many time to refine it but failed plz help me I have 11700kgs in my available stock I want to refine these metals

You have 11700 kgs of a product that is 47% osmiridium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes brother we have different types of xrf reports but chemical laboratory report we have 27% iridium

I guess that I'd be a bit wary of those assays. Your numbers suggest you have close to the annual production of iridium in one lot, that's a bit...how to say, hard to believe.

Further, if you did have that quantity of iridium, with 3% gold nonetheless, you'd be best off just contacting someone like Lou, who routinely handles the separation, and paying them handsomely to help you set up a refining process. Or just selling the concentrate outright.

Simply put, your assay sample was either cherry picked, or your assay is wrong.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I can think of no natural ore outside of the center of the earth where those numbers could possibly exist. And that kind of quantity in a recovery environment would already have technical expertise chasing the dollars.

I know this but in nangaperbeth gilgit range in Pakistan you can find this . I found a lucky vain in my mine near nangaperbeth . If you want to check this I can send you samples just for your satisfaction.

I appreciate the offer, but receiving anything containing a mineral specimen in the mail from Pakistan will just get someone at homeland security very excited, and I don't think anyone on the forum is looking for that kind of excitement in their life.

I guess I'd recommend starting here.

https://archive.org/details/mehtodforseperat63421gilc/page/422

Guide me What I do sir I want to ask how I refine just iridium and gold from ore concentrate

imrani said:
Sir my answer is how I recover iridium from ore osmium is not necessary for me

You have to know of all the hazards in your ore, and how to deal with them.
You can not simply ignore them, if you value your health.

Back