Renstilskens wacky questions.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renstilsken

1. Has anyone use a microwave for refining. If so for what metals and results ..good,bad,ugly.
2. Has anyone use magnatite in refinging process. If so when and for what purpose.
3. What is the purpose of a electromagtic cell. Ex: stainless steel bowl with d.c. Current I think.
Please clarify.
Once thank you for all responses. These answers will in the sort of equipment I purchase for future projects.
Just looking for feedback.

Answer to question 1. No. Refining gold with a microwave is not possible to my knowledge. I do know a few gold miners that have used microwave ovens to smelt very small test batches of simple concentrated gold ores that require no pretreatment. They then have to refine the recovered gold through conventional methods. Most I know that have tried it have returned to more traditional smelting methods.

Answer to question 2. No, magnatite is not used in the recovery or refining of precious metals. It can be a component of some gold ores. Proper fluxing of the smelt will eliminate nearly all iron, making refining easier.

Answer to question 3. See Daves answer above.

galenrog said:
Answer to question 2. No, magnatite is not used in the recovery or refining of precious metals. It can be a component of some gold ores. Proper fluxing of the smelt will eliminate nearly all iron, making refining easier.
Answer 2a. Unless you simply mean magnets. We use magnets (not magnetite) for separating steel- and iron-containing materials away from the rest of your material, as they should be treated separately. Note that a neodymium magnet can be too strong for this purpose--you don't want to pull out materials that simply have a bit of nickel in them (often electroplated under the gold, to prevent migration of the gold layer with the base metal).

Um I have been studying forum and been reading the book written by hoke. But it takes time. These question I have asked . Are to determine . If I should continue research in such said matters. My time is limited and highly valuable . And not tobe wasted . So please . And I say please if you are not just gonna answer my questions. Don't responded with a sarcastic one. I have limited free time. To deadicate to something I like. And want to use the time wisely . Which is why I am asking for the expertise of this forum to pin point. What I need to know. Not argue . And I am studying the forum. But I have only been on here three days.
Ok now for the question so when would applying the electrolytic cell be best used for .
I just dissolve 10 pounds of silver ware. In nitric acid. Two days ago. And capped it.Which process would best recover or reclaim it with . the pure copper feed stock bar using a air pump to agitate it. Or muriatic acid, or this electrolytic process. And lastly how can I pull out all the the remaining silver out of solution . Before dumping.
2, I will do more research on microwave thing. I see a lot of refine done with lately. I will be more exact with question for it aswell as for magnitite.
3. Last question for the night . Has anyone every try to recover precious metals from blacks. If so what type and reference to process.
Once again thank you all for your answers . They are very informative. And have saved me a ton of time in research. Have a great night..

Renstilsken said:
Um I have been studying forum and been reading the book written by hoke. But it takes time. These question I have asked . Are to determine . If I should continue research in such said matters. My time is limited and highly valuable . And not tobe wasted . So please . And I say please if you are not just gonna answer my questions. Don't responded with a sarcastic one. I have limited free time. To deadicate to something I like. And want to use the time wisely . Which is why I am asking for the expertise of this forum to pin point. What I need to know. Not argue . And I am studying the forum. But I have only been on here three days.

Excuse me, I didn't realize that your limited free time was highly valuable.
I won't waste any more of it.

Renstilsken said:
I just dissolve 10 pounds of silver ware. In nitric acid. Two days ago. And capped it.Which process would best recover or reclaim it with . the pure copper feed stock bar using a air pump to agitate it. Or muriatic acid, or this electrolytic process. And lastly how can I pull out all the the remaining silver out of solution . Before dumping.

Where do you plan on dumping it? There is a wacky question for ya.

Renstilskens,
Yes, those are wacky questions and comments. Not questions I would expect from a man who claims to be educated. you clearly have no idea what you are doing, it sounds like you have a little bit of you-tube education and are willing to jump into dangerous waters without a clue.
You have been you making comments (innuendo) to be combative and to the point of being against the rules of the forum, not a good way to start here. this forum is for those who are willing to learn, it is a true gold mine of information, and many members are very willing to help you any way they can, before kicking the gift horse in the mouth, a smart man would prosper by seeing how well that horse can work for him, and treat him more kindly. Not doing so the man may be plowing his own field by pulling his own plow tied to his backside.

Discussions of nonsense, just a waste of all of our energy and time, it also derails productive discussions or learning.
Asking questions when you are too lazy to do your own research, or at least to get some education on the subjects you wish to discuss just wastes your time and our time.

Spend some time educating yourself, you have a great resource here unless you decide to blow it by continuing with nonsense.
If you need help learning how to study we can help you with that, by reading through the forum you will find many helpful tools.

Enough bull-ony let us all get back to learning, and helping each other...

No I am actually reading electrochemistry. Thanks to frugal. Who saved a lot time .and just simply answer my question. Like a true professional and gentleman, as well as Galenrog , upcycle . Their input was truly valuable. Thank you fellas for contribution in directing me in the right direction as a professional instructor would. No matter how wacky my questions are.

Hello butcher. I think you are being way to sensitive. Do you know how to educate Or how to teach someone something new. Are you a teacher or a professor. If are you would. you thier is no such thing as a "wacky" or "dumb" question. Unfortunately I do not have the free time to read everything at once in this fine forum. So these question are to give me the direction I need or to narrow down my source of research.as a professor would to a student.I have taught many in my field of expertise. Which I have been doing for over 25 years. And I have never once talked down to any of apprentices . or treated them poorly. I have been very direct in answering any questions they might have no matter how out of the norm I thought it was.because I knew they are learning.. And I would help them anyway I could
To accelerate that process..as I have said before I know very little about this field. So no everything I am asking is not nonsense. Nor am I am being passive aggressive nor am I making innuendos, or being confrontational. I simply lack knowledge. Which I have been stating from the beginning. And am just looking for answer for my questions. That is all. Their no hidden agenda here. Now if you chose not to answer my questions that is fine don't. But if you do great. And I truly do appreciate all the help. And I couldn't answer a question they had. I would simply say. I don't understand what you are trying to do please clarify. This is how I teach my colleagues. That is all I am trying to do here. I will take what you have into consideration. And will try to be a little more sensitive to everyone here. But if I don't know or understand something the only way I will get clarity, enlightenment, or understanding it is by asking what you may seem is a wacky question.....

The forum is here as a free alternative to what you are wanting, someone to come in and hold your hand through everything so you get your end result. Which, if you have the capital, I am sure one of the members that do consulting would gladly help you, but, better whip out the checkbook now...

Butcher was not out of bounds at all, and you giving the implication of such is beyond reproach, as is your grammar. If your time is so valuable that patience cannot be achieved, then this is NOT the field for you. You will lose countless amounts of gold because you have the "right here, right now" approach.

Every single one of your questions i found answers to, simply by going to google and typing goldrefining electrochemistry -or whatever. Let me make it simpler for you

http://bfy.tw/7Ajy

Check that link... Thats the most hand holding i can do without a date and dinner, especially for someone so combatant towards people i hold in very high regard.

And i chose that, because you chose to neglect an answer to jim's earlier question.

This site is the closest thing to a free meal ticket you can get, but, there is still work that you, and only YOU, can do.

“No matter how a text is written, one reader will yearn for more details while another will be bored by the tedious explicitness.” These words of truth can be found in the Introduction to J. Harry Howard’s Handbook for the Amateur Lapidary, and they seem so applicable that we must here echo his request that the reader take this into account when tempted to criticise the book. The author has purposely gone into every small detail necessary to instruct the newcomer who knows nothing of chemistry or laboratory technique. From the chemist, who may skip these elementary instructions, we ask patience with the beginner..

I have been studying a great deal. And reading a lot since coming to this site. And once again I am not being combative . Like I said time again if chose not to answer my questions that is fine. No one is twisting your arm to make you answer. So please stop This, already. Just ignore my posts if you don't like posts that's all. Thank you once again for all your input and replies.

I have taught many people in every field I have worked in. Not in a school but in real life from real life, from real life experience.

I do not talk down to people, I try and help them any way I can. If I smell bull crap I say so, I do not sugar coat or pander nonsense.

I also try to give everyone the benefits of doubt, until things are clear.
I also have a thick tough skin, I have been through the ringers of life.

I agree there are no dumb questions, but there are stupid ones. Like a person asking questions about something when the answers are given to them on silver platters clearly spelled out, and the people giving or answering any of those same questions gladly over and over impatiently only to be disrespected for going to the trouble.Just because the person is too lazy or unwilling to spend their own time to learn on their own, or think they are too good to spend their own time.
disrespect is disrespect and leads to good for no one.
If you get my message and stick around on the forum I believe you may find me to be somewhat helpful, and you can possibly learn from me, I know I can learn also from you, that is what we do here, help each other.

I think I have been clear, and surely you are smart enough to understand. enough bull lets get back to study and helping each other.
Learn from the good people here, or go and find some other sandbox to play in. We take this forum seriously, this is a very dangerous business no place for childish games or nothing to be playing around.

I do not or will not ignore posts, it is part of my job here to see the forum runs smoothly.

It is truly my hope we can come to an understanding and become friends, I would like to help you learn as much as you wish to about this science, and hope you take to it heart and study and become one of our respected members.
I have said the last I am going to on this subject it has derailed the forum enough.

Renstilsken, you got off to a rough start here by discussing alchemy. Even after you were told we don't discuss that here, you asked more questions about a company and a person who are clearly involved in alchemy. As a result of that thread, another member started talking about some related beliefs about the "unknown powers" of precious metals, and when he got upset about being told not to discuss such things, he got beligerant and ultimately got banned.

You've criticized butcher's comments to you because he doesn't teach like you do in your career. You help your students because you felt a calling to teach and it is your job. Unlike your position as a teacher, no one here gets paid. Everyone here, including the moderators, volunteers their time. Please note that the members whose names are green (like butcher) are moderators. Our responsibility is to keep the forum running smoothly, and one of the ways we do that is by discouraging non-productive discussions, like alchemy.

Your profile says your country of origin is the US, but your writing indicates otherwise. That's OK, as this is an international forum with many members for whom English is not their first language. We try to be sympathetic with those members, as we know it is difficult for them to both study what is here and to communicate with the rest of us. Perhaps we would be more understanding of your difficulty with English if we knew a little more about your background.

You've said a couple of times that if members don't want to answer your questions, they should ignore them. Perhaps it's partly because of the language barrier, but those comments have been somewhat rude. I would offer you the same advice. If you don't like an answer you get, the best thing would be to say thank you for taking the time to reply and move on. Continuing to tell people here how they are allowed to respond to you will not gain you any friends.

This forum is like a huge college library that has no librarians. What is worse is that it is like the library got hit by a tornado. The books have been scattered about, and in many cases pages have been ripped from the books. It is up to you to spend the time looking around to find what you're interested in. The rest of us are wandering around in the same library, studying as we go. It's OK to ask a few questions about where you might find information, but if you keep telling us that we need to answer you the way you want to be answered, you'll quickly find no one wants to talk to you, and you'll probably be asked to leave the library. It took me about a year and a half to read everything here. If you don't have the time to do that, you may find you don't like it here.

Many members have gotten off to a rough start here, but have gone on to become valuable members of the forum. It's all up to you. If you want to devote the time to study what's here, you'll find all the answers you seek. If you can't, you might want to ask if someone wants to consult for you, but it will come at a cost.

I wish you luck in your studies.

Dave

No it is not bit it is what came to mind after all of you superb responses. And I am from the united States of America. Network , Westchester county.
And feel the same..call it a auto defense mechanism. The miss spelling , is coming from my auto spell check. Real annoying..and haven't brought other since I was asked not too. I started a a whole new thread.I was simply asking a question. But now that I have seen how this forum reacts . I will retract my curiosity. And figure it out. My self.and keep my questions to a minimum. Thank you all for enlightening convocations..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back