Profitability of Aqua Regia refining method

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hubert

HI, I'm very new to this process and want to know if it is profitable to buy virgin gold to refine before selling. please indicate what amount of the weight is lost to the refining process of aqua regia.

The amount of gold lost should be 0 % for all intensive purposes if your a good refiner.
I hear you can get a good deal on gold in Ghana.

Palladium said:
The amount of gold lost should be 0 % for all intensive purposes if your a good refiner.
I hear you can get a good deal on gold in Ghana.

Thanks for your prompt response. Does it mean there is no weight reduction after refining?

If you are a good refiner then you should get all the gold back at the end. Some will be trapped in filters and various liquids, but processing that will get it back later on. See for example stock pot.

Any contamination will be removed along the way, so if you start with impure gold then there will be a weight loss even if you don't lost any gold. This should be quite obvious.

Sure there can be profitability in refining gold. There are a lot of companies that lives on it. You only have to work out how much the refining costs you and see to it that you can buy at low enough price and sell at high enough to cover your costs and a salary.
Finding that margin can be tricky and will probably take you some time and cost before you can establish a working company.

Göran

Hi Hubert

I see you just joined the forum so first want to say welcome to the forum

To start with your question is lacking in detail to really give an honest answer to - in other words - yes - buying gold & refining it can be profitable - BUT (thats a VERY big BUT) you need to know what you are doing or you can loose money as well - LOTs of money

First of all - in looking at your profile (on the right side of your post) where it says - Country of Origin - it says Ghana --- that is a BIG red flag

Ghana is a big red flag because Ghana is "well known for running scams" of sellers looking for buyers

These "scams" are all most always "scams" of sellers offering "large" lots of gold (as in many kilos) at very low prices so they are looking for buyers with "lots" of dollar signs (as a profit) in their eyes

The problem is that 99.9 % of the time these offers of sellers from Ghana looking for buyers are TOTAL SCAMS

Here is seven pages about "Ghana gold seller SCAMS" we have seen over the years on this forum

:arrow: http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=Ghana

My addvise - don't be a fool parted from your money in what is more then likely a scam

Kurt

There are potential pitfalls along the way ranging from employee theft all the way to equipment selection and chemistry. Fortunately we had a member asking a question similar to yours in a thread. It will be useful to you if you move forward with this venture. It is in the library.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=22243

Welcome to the forum.

Back