how to separate carbon of gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maj.abdollahi

hi
i am using Cyanide, NaOH, SEX for gold recovery. now i have two question.
first how much active carbon for 1 L of leach and which size of active carbon is better?
second how to separate active carbon and gold?

PLZ HELP

Hello

Firstly- not sure whether mixing sex with cyanide is a good idea.

Secondly you're looking at the maths incorrectly- the amount of active carbon that's required depends upon:

Gold loading in solution
Other metals loaded into solution.

It's not a per litre basis unless you've got an AAS reading telling you how much gold is there per litre, and even then it depends on the other metals too because the active carbon will take it all out. The total weight of metals will contribute to the loading of the carbon.

Jon

anachronism said:
Hello

Secondly you're looking at the maths incorrectly- the amount of active carbon that's required depends upon:

Gold loading in solution

It's not a per litre basis unless you've got an AAS reading telling you how much gold is there per litre, and even then it depends on the other metals too because the active carbon will take it all out. The total weight of metals will contribute to the loading of the carbon.

Jon

In my place every one used sex because of accerlation.
My other question is how to separate gold from active carbon?

maj.abdollahi said:
anachronism said:
Hello

Gold loading in solution

Jon

My other question is how to separate gold from metal?
maj, I think this may be a language barrier thing. In English, "sex" usually refers to the physical interaction between a man and a woman. They have sex. Jon was adding a bit of humor in his response. Perhaps you can give us a chemical formula for what you're adding to accelerate the reaction.

Dave

I usually use 20-30g activated carbon/L of solution when leaching a gold ore. This amount is just base on my experience.

Anyway what is "sex". Can you provide me the chemical composition of sex? So i can also read what is the function and benefit of this sex?
Thanks!

FrugalRefiner said:
maj.abdollahi said:
anachronism said:
Hello

Gold loading in solution

Jon

My other question is how to separate gold from metal?
maj, I think this may be a language barrier thing. In English, "sex" usually refers to the physical interaction between a man and a woman. They have sex. Jon was adding a bit of humor in his response. Perhaps you can give us a chemical formula for what you're adding to accelerate the reaction.

Dave

Hi.
Sorry my friend. The word is so hard!! Then i see that in chemical they said SEX. The word is sodium ethyl xanthate

tesaygo said:
I usually use 20-30g activated carbon/L of solution when leaching a gold ore. This amount is just base on my experience.

Anyway what is "sex". Can you provide me the chemical composition of sex? So i can also read what is the function and benefit of this sex?
Thanks!

Sorry. sodium ethyl xanthate.
And another question. You always speak about ores but i have PCBs (printed circuit boards)

Hello again.
Im refining gold from PCBs for 3-4 months. Im using cyanide. Then i give the solution to someone to recover the gold and i pay money. Now i want to recover solution myself. Now can you help me please?
Active carbon or zinc? And how is it the work and what should i do?
Please help

Hello.
Im refining gold from PCBs for 3-4 months. Im using cyanide, NaOH and sodium ethyl xanthate. I solve the gold in solution Then i give the solution to someone to recover the gold and i pay money for his recovery. Now i want to recover solution myself. Can anyone help me please?
Active carbon or zinc? How much? And how is it the work and what should i do?
Please help

maj, please keep all your questions together in one thread. It helps members answer your questions when all the information is together. I've deleted one of your other threads, and merged another back into your first thread here.

Dave

Hey you are from Iran 8)
Please listen to other users. Read Read Read

What do you refine exactly and what is your process

maj.abdollahi said:
Hello.
Im refining gold from PCBs for 3-4 months. Im using cyanide, NaOH and sodium ethyl xanthate. I solve the gold in solution Then i give the solution to someone to recover the gold and i pay money for his recovery. Now i want to recover solution myself. Can anyone help me please?
Please help
PLEASE don't add anything especially acid to yours solution. It may contain cyanide :shock:

saadat68 said:
maj.abdollahi said:
Hello.
Please help
PLEASE don't add anything especially acid to yours solution. It may contain cyanide :shock:

سلام و درود خدمت اقای سعادت.
من طلا رو تو محلول سیانور حل میکنم ولی خب به دلیل اینکه تازه کار هستم نمیتونم بلد نیستم خودم طلا رو برگردونم (الیته تا جایی که فهمیدم خیلی از دوستان ایرانی هم بلد نیستن طلا رو از محلول سیانوری در بیارن و میدن به بقیه که براشون طلا رو دربیارن!!)
من کل اینترنت رو زیر و رو کردم. چه فارسی چه انگلیسی. ولی خب هرکی یه چیزی میگه و یه قصه ای واسه خودش می بافه!! شما میتونید کمکی به بنده کنید؟

saadat68 said:
Hey you are from Iran 8)
Please listen to other users. Read Read Read

What do you refine exactly and what is your process

خدمت شما عارضم که من از سیانور استفاده میکنم و سود و یه پودر زرد رنگ دیگه که آبکارا بهش میگن زریاب. زریاب هم بسیار نادره!! سرعت واکنش رو بالا میبره. تا جایی که خودم تحقیق کردم و فهمیدم این پودر سدیم اتیل گزانتات هستش که البته هیچ کدوم از دوستان خارجی نمیدونن چیه!!
قطعات کامپیوتر و موبایل و مخابرات رو استفاده میکنم

maj, please keep your posts on the forum in English. If you want to communicate with saadat in your native language, you can do it via PM. Do keep in mind that we discourage members from providing refining advice via PM because no one can check the advice for mistakes.

Dave

No I can't
I don't have any experience in cyanide
Why you don't dissolve gold in aqua regia ? It is very safer than cyanide
----------------
He wants to precipitate gold from cyanide solution. Anybody can help him?

Back