Gold Refining by Clark, Donald

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

911Met

I assembled this Gold Refining manual. I hope you enjoy.

To present the essential points of all methods of gold refining commonly practised, as well as those of historic interest,” was the author’s purpose in this volume. The fifteen chapters of which the book consists deal with the Simpler Methods of Early Days; Amalgamation Process; Refining with Oxidising and Chloridising Agents; Sulphur Refining; Refining with Cementation Processes, and by means of Oxygen and Air; Miller’s Process and that adopted at the Melbourne Mint; Parting with Nitric Acid (two chapters); Recovery of Silver from Nitrate Solutions; Refining by Sulphuric Acid; Parting by Electrolysis; Electrolytic Refining of Gold ; Separation of Platinum from Gold; Treatment of Cyanide Precipitates; Refining of Gold Slimes by Nitric and Sulphuric Acid ; the Nitre Cake Method of Purifying Slimes.

911Met,

Very useful manual, and with good information. thank you.

My concern is all of these links you have been posting, to the website or manual, is beginning to look like spam to me. You being a new member with the majority of your posts advertising your site or products. it is making me think your just spamming the board.

Normally I delete spam, and ban the spammer who's main purpose is to spam the board.
Hopefully that is not your intent here, as your presence can be useful, we can learn from you and you can learn from us.

On second thoughts.
After typing the above I searched your profile, every topic you posted on. linked to the above website.
This is spamming, not much doubt in my mind now of your purpose here.
Your are banned for breaking forum rules.

Hi Butcher,
am really sorry about this. Please delete anything you must to keep things in order. I saw the Book/Link section after the Miller post. It's all up to you. I understand.

Glad you enjoy the Manual.

David

I somewhat regret having to ban him, he could have been a good forum member, with good information, too bad his intentions of being on the forum were not honorable, or he could not follow our forums simple rules.

The forum has no room for trouble makers or spammers, no matter how much information they can provide.

David, can you tell me what book(s) you've used as the references for your site? I've read through a lot of the old books, and some of that looks and sounds familiar.

Dave

Hi Dave,
this one is
2016-04-12_0141.png
form 1909.
Other articles are from pre 1922 books. Am very concious of Copyrights. Generally, the source is posted at the bottom of page (or the section-index page). Much is also from my experience.

Back