Testing Precious Metals C. M. Hoke

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrugalRefiner

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
I've wanted to work on Hoke's testing book for years, but copies are few and far between. Recently, thanks to jimdoc and Topher_osAUrus, I finally got my hands on an original copy. :D Topher bought a copy that Jim had rescued and was selling, and he was kind enough to send it to me to study and scan for the forum.

I'm including both a screen readable and a printer friendly version. They're both included as attachments at the end of this post.

To Print the Printer Friendly Version: The book is formatted to be printed on both sides of an 8-1/2" x 11" sheet. If your printer can print on both sides, simply run it as a duplex job. Each odd numbered page is paired with the following even numbered page.

If your printer does not print on both sides, then first print out the odd pages. Put the printed pages back in the printer (make sure they will print in the correct order - I have to reverse the order to print the second sides on my printer) and print the even pages on the second sides.

The front and back covers are included as the last page of the printer friendly file so they will not throw off the printing order of the other pages. Since the first 8 pages are not numbered, the order may be confusing. If you're in doubt, look at the screen readable version for the correct order.

Thanks again Topher!

Enjoy!

Dave

Attachments

• Testing Precious Metals C. M. Hoke Printer Friendly.pdf
    870.9 KB · Views: 244
  • Testing Precious Metals C. M. Hoke Screen Readable.pdf
    469.9 KB · Views: 294
Fantastic!

Thank you much Dave.

I love being able to show people things out of that book, but as you know, that was a pretty delicate copy with the binding in poor condition. ...now, I can just pull it up on one of my mobile devices.

You're the man!

-and the scan looks great!

Thanks for the fantastic work, Dave! Can't wait to dig into it. :D

And thanks to Topher, Jim and anyone else involved! May the gods reward you all with countless riches! :G

Or at least a free cheeseburger! :mrgreen:

Today was wonderful.

Got my book back from Dave, as well as a copy he printed up and bound for me. Which was excellent to use when I was buying gold, and a piece of "14k" reacted violently to the nitric spot test.

I felt much more comfortabe handing my printed version over to the seller to show him what the test result was suggesting. In the past, I was always quite leery handing over my 70 year old book to some random person trying to sell me questionable gold.

Thanks again Dave. ...I can't believe this thread is BLOWING UP because of the awesome work you put in, on another one of Hoke's biblical texts!

Great reference. It induced me to find some of those good dropper bottles, many years ago. Now they're difficult to find in good glass at a decent price.

Back