Original Hoke -Jewel Torch ?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modtheworld44

Hey Yall

I was just curious what a decent price would be for a brand new one with kit of 7 tips.I found some one local that carries them for under $100.00.Thanks in advance.

modtheworld44

FrugalRefiner said:
What's included? Does it come with hoses, valves, gauges, etc., or is it just the torch head and tips?

Dave

FrugalRefiner

The torch is $59.95 and kit is $24.65 no hoses or regulator(which I already have anyways),so is this good or bad being brand new.The extra replacement tips are $2.30-$7.70 a piece depending on tip number.Thanks in advance.

modtheworld44

Is this one of those little jewelers torches meant for jewelry? How much gold and silver are you trying to melt at once?

I can't picture what you're talking about, but if it's a little torch you will soon wish you had bought bigger. Just get one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victor-Type-Gas-Welding-Cutting-Kit-Oxygen-Torch-Acetylene-Welder-with-Case-/361397505399?hash=item5424f84d77:g:cBwAAOSw42JWCwaZ That's 2 grams worth of gold in equipment cost. I calculate everything in grams of gold to pay off! :mrgreen:

Palladium said:
I can't picture what you're talking about, but if it's a little torch you will soon wish you had bought bigger. Just get one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victor-Type-Gas-Welding-Cutting-Kit-Oxygen-Torch-Acetylene-Welder-with-Case-/361397505399?hash=item5424f84d77:g:cBwAAOSw42JWCwaZ That's 2 grams worth of gold in equipment cost. I calculate everything in grams of gold to pay off! :mrgreen:

Considering the type gas you plan on using, I agree with Palladium. That particular one is an off brand version of the one I have. If I was looking for a new torch, I would buy the eBay one.

I've use them regulators my whole life with propane. The only problem you really have is with the red hose deteriorating after about a year. Hoses are cheap. The one I have now running my furnace has been running propane for the last 5 years.It threads right up to a BBQ propane tank.

Back