Gone for a while but picked up metal detecting!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinNH1

I've been gone for a while (used to post under JustinNH 4 or so years ago, but this login was stored on my computer).

Been hoarding the little e-scrap I come across now that most sources dried up. I'll get to that some day :)

I picked up a metal detector this year and wanted to share this pic. Ive found a few silver and gold pieces since, but no updated picture. Some were found at the beach, others in freshwater swimming holes.

its a fun time and has certainly paid for itseltf!

Attachments

• Gold and Silver as of AUG152012.JPG
    Gold and Silver as of AUG152012.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 194
Small swimming holes or lakes with a small beach where the locals go are the best I've found. Went to a fairly new one once, it was less than 10 years old, just a tiny little man made beach area close to the lower income part of town. I pulled out just under 7 dollars in change, a gold 14k wedding band, another gold 14k ring with a ruby and about 4 sterling rings in about 2 hours and all in an area of about a thousand square feet. The sand scooper on a pole is worth it's weight in gold.

Thanks!

Yeah, some of my best hunts were at small swimming holes.

I made a scooepr out of PVC and conduit. Works better than one SS one I tested and cost $8!

Back