100 hours euro ace 350 beach findings

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcoP

Hello all,

while re-re-reading hook's and GRF (just because I need to truly understand how things works before start refining ewaste) I decided to post my first 100 hours findings on a salty beach and, my bad, full of unwanted rubbish :evil: but properly recycled and sold for few Euros. However I feel like the beach is now cleaner and safer.

No PMs but lot of fun!

Attachments

• euro_ace_350.jpg
    euro_ace_350.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 260
  • best_friend.jpg
    best_friend.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 260
  • 100h_findings.jpg
    100h_findings.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 260
solar_plasma said:
I have read, that most gold rings are found in shallow water bathing areas. Good luck!

Yep, that is why I'll be looking for water proof MD and a good send scoop as my next buy.

The "100 hours" is supposed to be a test for new comers to understand if you like it as hobby and also to understand your MD and scanning techniques.
Well I don't like, I love it :)

Beside that I did find a 925 silver "Please return to Tiffany and Co." bracelet with heart pendant but after I took it home I lost it my self, so I guess I would need more then a simple "good luck" :lol:

Looks like great fun finding those treasures, I like your digging partnor.
You never know when you may uncover that lost gold from a shipwreck of days gone by.
Well even if you do not you are still having a good time, gaining the treasure of enjoying yourself, with great relaxing fun, with a nice collection of coins and jewelry.
It looks lie your partnor really loves it too.

Not sure where you set your unit, but in discrimination modes, most gold discriminates out with aluminum trash. So if you set up your unit to not dig aluminum trash, you wont dig any aluminum, but you wont dig gold either. Silver responds much like a copper coin.

@butcher
Yes, we are both having great time, very early mornings and walks at the beach. Since we got this habit my "mate" (his name) is way more happier and he started waking me up at 5am to go, no need to alarm clock anymore :lol:

Reno Chris said:
Not sure where you set your unit, but in discrimination modes, most gold discriminates out with aluminum trash. So if you set up your unit to not dig aluminum trash, you wont dig any aluminum, but you wont dig gold either. Silver responds much like a copper coin.
As a new comer, good reader and listener I've decided to start without any discrimination to understand behaviours, recovery times and pinpointing, then I decided to remove only ferrous metals from the discrimination mode, just the first 2 notches but doing so I've noticed that I was missing long time hurried euros as they give me a very low tone followed by a medium high pitch, similar to rusty bottle crowns.

Finally I decided to use no discrimination at all and now I'm not even sure if I still need a VLF on salty waters an higly mineralized send :?:

And yes, as far I can tell even with higher range MD gold and aluminium share the same frequency range, however they both have a market value.

No need for waterproof MD just go when tide is out. You will detect and dig places which are shallow water on high tide.

I find a PI machine best for beaches,n if it beeps "Dig it."
Were you find different articles,on the beach ,depends on the tides.and beach layout.
Gold is heavy so does nt travel as far as lighter items,tho having said that,after a storm n the sand stripped of the beach.treasure can be anywere.You get to be able to read your beach n find the "Honey holes."

Back