Under water detecting

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking to put an underwater detector on my christmas list
My sons and I scuba Dive and we love to find artifacts but many are missed because of sand covering.
Can anyone here recomend a good unit without breaking santa.
thanks ,
john

Ignatz61 said:
I am looking to put an underwater detector on my christmas list
My sons and I scuba Dive and we love to find artifacts but many are missed because of sand covering.
Can anyone here recomend a good unit without breaking santa.
thanks ,
john

One of the better ones is a Garret Infinium. I think they run a little over a grand new, and they are hard to find 2nd hand.

Jim.

A good place to explore along the beach is fairly close to the shoreline (In the water about chest high). This changes periodically due to the tides but jewelery tends to slip off fingers due to the cooler water and wet shrinking fingers. A highly populated beach is worth exploring. I have a friend who has been pretty successful with this approach. Calm surf really makes this a lot easier. Good luck with finding your detector and what is waiting for you out there.
Ken

Kelly Co. has a couple of models for sale in the $200 to $300 range.
One is a mini detector with a handle, the other is a palm mount model.
The palm mount model is great for finding targets, and fanning the overburden out of the way in order to recover the target.

Just a thought.

Sincerely; Rick. "The Rock Man".

Richard36 said:
The palm mount model is great for finding targets, and fanning the overburden out of the way in order to recover the target.

Just a thought.

Is the palm mount model an Aurora? I have seen those before and they look pretty cool. I spent my money on a Periscope probe instead,and was also looking at the Uniprobe.

Jim

jimdoc said:
Richard36 said:

Just a thought.

Is the palm mount model an Aurora? I have seen those before and they look pretty cool. I spent my money on a Periscope probe instead,and was also looking at the Uniprobe.

Jim

Yes, the "Aurora Aqua Pulse", and the "Vibra-Tector" are the two I was speaking of.

Here is a link to Kelly co.
http://www.kellycodetectors.com

Vibra-Tector Cat.# 384-720
Aurora Aqua Pulse cat.# 387-AAP

My magazine is old, but the list price for the Vibra-Tector is $129.00, and the Aurora Aqua Pulse is $539.00

I hope that this helps.

Back