Teknetics t2 SE

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone out there use a Technetics t2? I recently purchased one and I'm trying to find numbers that silver hits on with that machine. I have sampled it against silver pieces I have at home and it seems to read different numbers each time with different pieces that I test it on. Just wondering if anyone has any settings and numbers I should be using when searching for a silver and any tones I should be listening for while searching. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a T2, but the number you get will be different depending on the size of the object. A dime will score different than a quarter, which will be different from a half dollar - even though they are all silver.

The other thing about the reading is that it depends on how you swing the coil over it. If the target is centered under the coil on one swing, then off to the edge on the next you will get different readings. The most accurate reading is given when the coil is perfectly centered over the target.

Back