Metal detector engineer?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eaglewings35

Hey folks,
I've got an idea for a detector that everyone would benefit from, but I'm about as smart as a door knob when it comes to execution. I know the specifics but I don't understand enough to know what parts I will need or how to put them together.
If you are an electronics wizard or engineer please contact me.
If you know someone that can do this stuff, please send me their information.

Thanks one and all.
Kerry

This place has some info to study;

http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/pages/common/index.pl?page=main&file=main.dat

http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/pages/common/index.pl?page=metdet&file=schematics.dat

Thanks Jim. I have been to that website. I like it alot, but the specifics are still way over my head.
I need someone who can figure out what goes where and what makes the watch tick. :?:

4Metals, I only wish George Foreman knew about this. I don't think his grill
can help either one of us. Seriously, who can I contact that knows about the internal workings of metal detectors?

From what I've seen of George and his fighting career, I think old George has been hit in the head too many times to personally help you, but he is the spokesman for a company that helps you get your idea in front of people who can design and help market your ideas. I have no idea how they protect the idea as yours but can't hurt to check them out.

HAHA!! No, I wasn't even thinking that George could help, but it's an interesting
Idea about those people. I hadn't considered them either. Thank you for the idea !!

Detector companies employ a lot of people and ideas are easy to generate - its how to execute them in a practical and affordable product that is hard. Unless you have a background in physics or electrical engineering, or other heavy science, I'm not sure just an "idea" would be all that useful (and I'd guess it may have been thought of before). Various types of scientists have been working on all sorts of ideas for metal detecting, not just for the fun of finding coins or gold, but also for the military (finding land mines) and security (detection of carry on bombs) and other more critical uses.
I know folks who are detector design engineers who work for two different companies that I have connections with. If you would like to PM me with your idea, I will let you know if its already been done or at least tried and if its really new and great, I will put them in touch with you. I promise not to steal your idea.

Back