• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Indium 99.99 - 99.999 w/pictures **SOLD, Thank you LOU **

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonn

Does anyone know of an indium buyer? I have pure indium. This is all sealed, most under argon, labeled and in the original packages. Comes in bars, and shot. Also have some indium copper alloys. Any help is much appreciated. Pm me please, thank you, Jonn. I will post pictures of some items shortly.

a54346f3145ae2322f9b019084f5bcdb_zpsce4a6f9d.jpg

9150f58a78c196a73fddacedbcb89f96_zpse9afe84e.jpg

These are kilo bars, in plastic still sealed. The discoloration is on the plastic not the bars.
9930cb888b192ca7e8a060e58a263766_zps482ced6b.jpg

Still sealed under Argon, 2.5lb.

jonn said:
Does anyone know of an indium buyer? I have pure indium. This is all sealed, most under argon, labeled and in the original packages. Comes in bars, and shot. Also have some indium copper alloys. Any help is much appreciated. Pm me please, thank you, Jonn. I will post pictures of some items shortly.
I sold some recently on eBay - didn't get a 'great' price for it, but it was 'ok'. Not as active a market as gold/silver, but pretty active.

Also, what I sold was in wire form, not bars and shot, which I think would do better (also I had a large quantity, which hurt the sale, I think).

Do some research for yourself, looking a the 'Completed' sales - you can see the pricing as well as the size/shapes that are selling well.

I'd say that is a good place to start and if you like the prices, go for it!

Thanks jimdoc and Lou, I have kilos, ultra pure 99.999 . I'm looking to get near spot. Some in bars, some in shot and some bee bees. Also have alloys of indium copper and indium gallium. Please pm me if interested. I would be happy to email pictures as well. All of it is labeled from the manufacturer and still sealed. Also have 6N gallium, tellurium, and a few others. All superconductor grade 4,5,6 nines. I am willing to deliver locally or can ship free. Thanks folks, Jonn.

jonn said:
Thanks jimdoc and Lou, I have kilos, ultra pure 99.999 . I'm looking to get near spot. Some in bars, some in shot and some bee bees. Also have alloys of indium copper and indium gallium. Please pm me if interested. I would be happy to email pictures as well. All of it is labeled from the manufacturer and still sealed. Also have 6N gallium, tellurium, and a few others. All superconductor grade 4,5,6 nines. I am willing to deliver locally or can ship free. Thanks folks, Jonn.

What is the spot price of indium?
Where do you find that?

Jim

Just found this;
www.smg-indium.com/Docs/SMG_NMV_Current_Price.pdf

its at $500,000.00 a MT or $250 a pound but I think it will be hard to get it. that is a metal sold on agreement with some attention paid to spot. If you have a lot a metal dealer might be interested in it for some stock. As second hand stock it might be hard to move.

Some for sale http://www.rotometals.com/product-p/IndiumIngot_halfpound.htm?gclid=CImKi5Kg0LQCFetDMgodfBMApg

Eric

Thanks etack and jimdoc, I spoke to a guy at rotometals today and he wants it all, for cheap. :shock: spot price seems to be somewhat a loose indicator of value. Everywhere I look to buy it, it sells for 2,3,4 even 5 times over spot. I don't mind spot, I can't buy it for spot, its much more! There must be someone, hopefully , willing to pay spot and maybe they could sell it for more, I'm ok with that. Johnson Matthey wants over $1050 a lb. For the same stuff I have. Some is labeled Johnson Matthey. Some is Umicor from Belgium. All with certificates of analysis.

Lou, I will gladly sell you a kilo bar as a paper weight :lol: . Pm me
The kilo bars are Indium corporation, stamped and papered at 99.999

I want also some tellurium.

Heads up on the gallium--you have to ship that as a corrosive!!! It absolutely cannot go air, understood (it's just like Hg)? I'll take that too and will coordinate on the haz pack. I'll PM shortly...

Maybe I'm missing sth. here or some misunderstanding on my side.

In Germany, Switzerland, Austria there are quite a few places that will buy Indium in any form (some want minimum of 20 pound - some are less strict) according to the daily price e.g. at the moment(of this posting) for about $ 545 / kg

Also all those other metals you talked about can be sold easily
Shipping should be the least problem.

So there are no such places in the US? Or you want more?

Thanks Vargas, I put this out here for any members that may be interested. I'm not asking more than it's worth, just got a large quantity and this is the first way to get the news out. There's a lot of pros on this forum with contacts to other pros that buy and sell metals all day long. How many kilos do you need?

I don't need any. If anything just 50 grams, because I collect minerals and elements, but I would not bother you for that.

I was just pointing out, that there are a lots of places(at least in Europe), that buy Indium for a spotprice (of a certain metal exchange) that is transparent and comprehensible.

However, I did some research since my last post out of curiosity.

So there is a difference to the "normal" PM-market.
since the price of e.g. metals like Indium is extremely volatile, the margin between buy and sell is a lot bigger than with gold, platinum etc. . One place in Switzerland, that buys ANY amount, buy for $ 545(today) and sell for about $ 1000 and they are not secretive about it either. What might seem to some like a ripoff is actually safeguarding against the volatility of the market - or so they say. e.g. very recently a lot of Indium has been found in Germany (apparently one of the biggest deposits in the world) but there are problems with the locals cause of environmental issues. Or a Swiss company has developed a much cheaper way of refining Indium from mobile phones. But patents are pending. So the price might drop really quick or suddenly rocket - well that creates volatility.
So IF you want to sell a lot of Indium NOW, there are places.
Of course it is better to find the final buyer and cut out the middle man and if you can find them through the forum, that would be great.
I just thought, you have trouble to find a buyer at all. I misunderstood you I guess.

Have you tried to sell it back to them? They are selling the same bars for around $765.00 they might give you spot or a little under for it. And the shot is the same.

Just some thoughts. It seems like as a person it will be hard to sell it to company's that would use it in the quantities and quality you have. Kind of black market Indium seller. :lol:

Also this might be something for computer scrapers to think about. http://buy.solder.com/Thermal-Interface-Materials/C1013_1/ they might be worth pulling off the bottom of the heat sinks.

Also if you aren't in need of selling it the market for it and gallium is soft now. Some weighting might net you more money even if you have to sell it below spot.

Eric

You might try to sell your stuff directly to companies, who use/need it. There is of course always the issue of trust. Meaning - do such companies buy Indium off a guy, who wanders through their doors from the street (in a manner of speaking)
Here are some of them anyway:

www.mcp-hek.de
www.indium.com
http://www.teck.com
http://www.smg-indium.com/index.html

PS: my experience, with something completely different: I used to sell sapphires(and some selected gems) and the beginning was extremely difficult. I had top material and for a very good price directly from the source - cutting out a whole line of middlemen.
Selling the stones for half the market price would still net me a very good profit. Alas it was not that easy. I travelled all over Europe, till I finally found some Jewellers/Wholesellers in Granada and Cordoba. So I found out, that the gem business is all about trust. A jeweller trusts HIS wholeseller, that he might already be with for years. No way he would buy from some guy who walks through the front door, even for tenth of the price. Most do not even have the knowledge or equipment to test or appraise the value of stones. I guess with indium it should be easier, than with sapphires or tanzanite, but still ... with some stuff you just cant cut out the "middle man".
just my 2 carats

You folks are very helpful, which is why I posted here, so thank you. I would be happy to send you 50 grams Vargas. I do have some in small bee bees, may be 50 grams or so. Pm me, it's no trouble at all. I would like to help with any collection to any forum member. If you want it, I can ship it to you gladly :lol: .
I agree that the Indium is a buy and sell imbalance in regards to the cost and would like to cut out the middle man. I also wouldn't mind if a member buys a bit low and makes a profit, that's the name of the game. You also have a good point stating it could be an issue of trust, that's where I'm relying on one of the pros with a reputable buyer. Buy at $550.00 sell at $750.00 +. I can sell my silver, gold and pgms at spot or above all day long. I sell to a manufacturer and we know each other well. They don't use indium unfortunately. I am waiting for a call back from the buyer at Indium Corp. And should have some solid answers next week.
Etack, those foils may very well be indium, the paste, gallium. Which I also have, foils and paste. Also silver paste, and silver plating solutions. thanks,Jonn.

Here is a web site for mineral prices - http://www.mineralprices.com/

Accurate in Utha may be a buyer not sure

Kurt

Just wanted to give a big Thank You to LOU, he has found me a buyer and must say it was a very pleasant transaction. Nice to see folks helping folks. Also thank you to everyone of you who took the time to help, it is very much appreciated :p , Jonn.

Is Johns buyer still buying by any chance? Or does anyone know of anyone else? =P My normal refiner doesn't deal in Indium either and I just got my hands on 2.5 kilos of .999 indium, I have had it x-rayed (XRF Spectrum Analyzers) at 2 separate places with the same results and getting it fire assayed and cert-ed this weekend. any contacts would be much appreciated, Thank you!

Back