• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Refined gold button, 11.5g for sale

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g_axelsson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm in need of some extra cash so I'm going to sell one of my gold buttons.

The source of the gold is 18k jewellery. It has been inquarted and then refined in aqua regia once. As I planned to re-refine it I didn't run it through a good clean, just a quick wash in HCl and water and then melting.
The button shows fern-like crystal growth at the top and has been handled a bit, this was my show piece when talking about refining.

Obviously it isn't 99.95% pure but my guess is at least 99%, there were no oxidation when it solidified in the melting dish.

I would prefer to sell to Europeans via IBAN/BIC as it is free of charge and takes only one day. I'm also accepting paypal but the fees will add up and I will take that in consideration.

I will pay for postage, registered letter and insured.

If you want to make a low bid, feel free to do it but I reserve the right of declining it if I think it is too low. :wink:

Just for guidance, 99% of 11.5g with spot at $1267,7/Toz gives a value of $464, 397 Euro or 3785 SEK.

My internet coverage will be spotty at best the next few days as I'm going to a mineral fair over the weekend. I will try to check back as often as I can.

Bids in PM or in the thread if you like.

Thank you for looking, Göran

Button 11.5g top.jpg
Top of button with fern-like crystal growth.

Button 11.5g bottom.jpg
Bottom of button.

Button 11.5g scale.jpg
Button on the scale.

Button 11.5g scale dollar.jpg
Verification that my scale is decently calibrated. A Morgan dollar weighs 26.73 g.

Back