• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

[CANCELLED BY OP] Cell Phone Boards For Sale (Approximately 300 Boards)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrapparts

I have a medium size Flat Rate Box almost full of cell phone boards for sale. With the exception of around 5 boards, they're all from the same model phone.

FREE SHIPPING to the lower 48 states.

I am looking for cash offers. PayPal only!

PM me if interested.

20180105_191614.jpg

20180105_191601.jpg

I believe the boards were removed from 2G phones and 3G Pantech. Not 100% sure. There are numbers on the boards below. You should be able to find out the exact phones these are.

Image1.jpg

hi def flip phones I just came across a honey pot of cell phones just finished stripping the contacts off the batteries 360 of them the place basically wanted then gone so just from what I've stripped I'd say pantech flip or the Samsung flip most of the ones I have are pre early 200's back to mid 90's I have no idea how I'm going to process them cause there's probably 800 more and I give them the lithium back so if you would like to know I could probably find out what the ones you have are I'd make an offer but with what I paid for these I would be insulting you most likely

I'm open to ideas on the processing as this is my first time

jimdoc said:
Wouldn't giving the weight of the boards be a good idea?
Not really. The reason I say that is because since every gold bearing part isn't here, the weight wouldn't mean much compared to how much gold recovered divided by the boards, and not to forget the black chips. If I were to strip the components off the boards and still sell them, all that can be recovered is gold from just the boards.

Also, the components will add weight to the boards. Like they are now (I took pieces off of them before posting them here) each piece I weighed came in at 9.6g - 9.9g. So, I would average them at 9.7g and multiply that by 300 and we will get 2,910 g or 6.4 lbs.

Again, the weight don't mean much because no matter how much each board weigh, doesn't mean anything in terms of how much gold should be expected. I, myself would see how much gold I'll get based on the pieces I have. I've dealt with cell phone boards that had little to no gold on them, yet they had some weight to them.

If I were to buy these boards, I would base it on how much I can reasonably expect from each board. And if I throw in all the pieces I took off of the boards, that 6.4 lbs would be approximately 9 lbs.

Below are some photos of what I already took off the phones this week. There is definitely more gold if you have all the components on them, but I focus on the boards first, then whatever else that can be recovered.

20180106_160239.jpg

20180106_160300.jpg

20180105_231440.jpg

So, unless you have all of this too, the weight of the boards are even more less important than knowing how many pieces you're getting. That's my take on the situation.

Yet, if someone want to make an offer that includes these pieces too, I can work with that.

scrapparts

mellokatattack said:
hi def flip phones I just came across a honey pot of cell phones just finished stripping the contacts off the batteries 360 of them the place basically wanted then gone so just from what I've stripped I'd say pantech flip or the Samsung flip most of the ones I have are pre early 200's back to mid 90's I have no idea how I'm going to process them cause there's probably 800 more and I give them the lithium back so if you would like to know I could probably find out what the ones you have are I'd make an offer but with what I paid for these I would be insulting you most likely

I'm open to ideas on the processing as this is my first time
Please ask about that in another thread.

Here....I'll give you $5/lb + $5 for shipping for what's left (the 6.2 lbs)

If thats not enough, then you should throw out what you are thinking they are worth.

Mutilating boards really throws prospective buyers off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please don't be insulted but why would you want to sell depopulated boards if you already have started processing them (by depopulating)?
1) It was my impression that most of the gold is in the components (IC). The boards themselves, while they look nice, are somewhat poor in gold content, word ENIG has been thrown around.
2) As far as my expirience goes board (finger) processing is the easy part, just dunk them into AP, you must be familiar with it, as far as the gold recovery goes I think fingers or depopulated mobile boards in AP is the easiest one out there...
So why are you selling them? Apart from getting over the spot value of gold content (I would think it is hard to do here, maybe e-bay) only possible reason I can see is to try to sell them to someone that can Cash in on copper value.... Maybe I am missing something...

snoman701 said:
Here....I'll give you $5/lb + $5 for shipping for what's left (the 6.2 lbs)
I just bought locally 5kg of boards for 10 €/kg (populated) , have been wondering since, was it a good deal or not. MIne were mixed lot, THO, and I must say OP's old green ones looks nicer :) too bad you can't ship them my way scrapparts :) ironically for me depopulating them was the hardest part, the pain in the ass almost made me swear off mobile boards....
Still I will follow this sale quite intently, if nothing more, then to get a better understanding of pricing

scrapparts said:
I have a medium size Flat Rate Box almost full of cell phone boards for sale. With the exception of around 5 boards, they're all from the same model phone.

So you didn't actually answer my question did you? If you knew they were from the same phone as you advertised you should be able to say what they are from. Dodgy advertising from someone whose sole purpose on this forum is to sell stuff.

Excuse me about derailing this thread a bit but I do have a question regarding plating thickness on mobile boards like these: as I was doing my last bach in AP, I noticed that while gold plating from newer (blue, teal colored) boards basically desintegrated in to a powder, with no foils to speak of, I Had in the batch some green old looking ones (button phones, not touchscreen) from which there were some nice foils coming off, strudy enough to be picked up with tweezers (sadly gold colored on one side only) ... At the time I could not believe that there is such a thick plating on mobile boards so I assumed that there must be some metal between copper and gold (nickel?) not getting dissolved by AP. Was I wrong? Is it really possible for plating on older phones to be of such thickness? If that be the case it very well may help the OP sell them :)

Virtually all gold plating on copper based metals have a layer of nickel in between, it stops the gold to diffuse into the copper and you can make a much thinner layer of gold that will stand up to the environment. This isn't something found out recently and you can say with at least 99.9% probability that any gold plated electronics made the last 50 years have the nickel diffusion barrier.

Cheaply made cards only uses ENIG plating and that is so thin it falls apart into dust. Older boards were often made with proper plating as it was a higher value product with greater margins and not as sensible to manufacturing costs. So to avoid early failures and bad reputation, a bit of thicker plating was probably worth the cost.

HCl usually have no problem dissolving the nickel plate while nitric acid struggles with passivation of the surface and there are often remains of the nickel plate among the gold foils.
An example can be seen among the gold fingers after nitric treatment in this thread. The second post have pictures of both the gold dust after ENIG and finger foils after dissolving the copper in nitric acid.
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=23737

Göran

I have been recycling cell phones for a few years now, and here are some of the things I need to say...

1) If I wanted to set a price, I would have done so and not to pm me. But I mainly put these up here to see if someone would pay me more than what I paid for. If no one buys them, it's no problem because I have an estimate of how much gold (I), would expect to recover from these boards, and not even including the other components.

2) If anyone has the thought of an item going down in value because of it already being depopulated BUT, ALL pieces are there, they should get out of the business. Who wouldn't LOVE, I mean LOVE the fact that I'm getting everything of that item, but they done the hard work of removing the parts that I was going to remove anyway. They took the HARD WORK out of it, so now it's not worth that much.

If you think like that, you're in the wrong business.

3.If I was getting phones for $5 lb, depending on certain conditions, anyone can EASILY turn that $5 into at least $60. Depending on the cell phones, you can spend $150 and EASILY, EASILY turn it into $600+. I do it every time I invest into cell phones.

4.Many of you invest into cell phones/boards and such probably looking at your stockpile at one direction. I don't. I don't buy sell phones often, but when I do, I have ALWAYS turned that amount over at the least 6 or 7 times. I have more than 3 different ways I get paid off of sell phones, where many of you just look at the gold content ALONE, but not looking at the fact that you can recover more cash than you can gold from cell phones. That's a FACT! I do it all the time. I'm still in the green from $180 investment back in Jan 2016.

Probably most of you buy cell phones and miss the REAL money/GOLD potential they contain. Don't get me wrong, I know how to refine too. I can easily do these boards and other pieces myself too, and easily recover gold.

5.Many of you more than likely buy phones at low prices because you have to strip them down away from the housing, whereas I would pay the same amount, and even more than you and still would be able to turn a residual income from that one-time investment.

I may do these boards myself anyway because I want to know yields. And the whole key to getting close to accurate yields on cell phone boards is to keep notes on the amount of cell phone boards you processed. If you process cell phone boards all the time and do at least the same amount all the time, you'll easily have an idea of the amount of gold to expect from the boards alone.

You have to keep notes of all the components and process everything to get that gold amount. Then you add that to the gold amount you got from just the boards.

As long as I know what I'm getting, why would I complain that it has been depopulated. With that said, it's just as good as saying that I'll expect to get more because I didn't touch it all, yet the next person has to either strip it or sell it as is. I don't see any other way.

And then the same thing is hitting you in the face because now people want to pay less because they have to do all the work of depopulating it to get to the gold. Their time is money. Either way, I see this more than often. The work involved into depopulating cell phones is more than many of you will want to be doing often, by yourself.

Many of you are buying cell phones and don't have a clue as to what you're buying. You're focused on something other than your main objective, and that is MAXIMIZE what you can make. I'm sure there aren't any compilation of cell phone board yields (including components) available. That is part of my goal too. To compile board photos of cell phones/smartphones/boards to know how much visible gold is available. I can show pictures of cell phone boards that have very little to almost no gold on them at all. And just because you have a good deal on the amount you're paying (by weight) that means you can pay $100 and recover $19 worth of gold.

6.This thread was started and asking interested parties to pm me. I don't mind some of the questions asked so I can be aware of them myself, some things replied to here have nothing what-so-ever to do with "If You're Interested, PM Me!"

Really understand these boards before you invest into them, and take a common sense approach to knowing what to expect. Some people will discourage others more than often enough to know that there are people that will keep finding fault in what you're selling here. I'm not upset at all. It makes me wonder because some people that do a lot of speaking should be able to evaluate it themselves and make a REALISTIC determination of what something is worth.

7. Too many people talk about everything under the sun that is wrong with your stuff or want to PUBLICLY offer a "half-donkey" price on you, to throw that out there to now get EVERYONE willing to pay you around that amount, give or take a few dollars.

If any of you pay even $20 lb for cell phones/boards whatever, and can't turn that $20 into AT LEAST $$85 - $120, then you shouldn't say what they're worth. I know round about what I will get out of this. And that's just the boards, with nothing on them. Just the boards.

I bought these boards at a good price to refine them myself, but kinda need to sell them, but don't have to sell them. I want to keep them for the yield reports and learning experiences, but I can use the cash. That is for the most part. But if someone was willing to pay me what I paid for it, getting just the boards, I will sell. If no one buys, guess what?... I'll still make what I paid for this off of just the depopulated boards alone.

8. Please STOP posting here with comments of discussion whereas I am trying to sell. PM me please. STOP making these "FOR SALE OR TRADE" threads another "Soap Opera City". I want interested parties to pm me with an offer. If not, no skin off my back. I'm going to get the experience of getting more and more cell phone yields. That will go into my book of knowledge.

scrapparts!

scrapparts said:
I have been recycling cell phones for a few years now, and here are some of the things I need to say...

1) If I wanted to set a price, I would have done so and not to pm me. But I mainly put these up here to see if someone would pay me more than what I paid for. If no one buys them, it's no problem because I have an estimate of how much gold (I), would expect to recover from these boards, and not even including the other components.

2) If anyone has the thought of an item going down in value because of it already being depopulated BUT, ALL pieces are there, they should get out of the business. Who wouldn't LOVE, I mean LOVE the fact that I'm getting everything of that item, but they done the hard work of removing the parts that I was going to remove anyway. They took the HARD WORK out of it, so now it's not worth that much.

If you think like that, you're in the wrong business.

3.If I was getting phones for $5 lb, depending on certain conditions, anyone can EASILY turn that $5 into at least $60. Depending on the cell phones, you can spend $150 and EASILY, EASILY turn it into $600+. I do it every time I invest into cell phones.

4.Many of you invest into cell phones/boards and such probably looking at your stockpile at one direction. I don't. I don't buy sell phones often, but when I do, I have ALWAYS turned that amount over at the least 6 or 7 times. I have more than 3 different ways I get paid off of sell phones, where many of you just look at the gold content ALONE, but not looking at the fact that you can recover more cash than you can gold from cell phones. That's a FACT! I do it all the time. I'm still in the green from $180 investment back in Jan 2016.

Probably most of you buy cell phones and miss the REAL money/GOLD potential they contain. Don't get me wrong, I know how to refine too. I can easily do these boards and other pieces myself too, and easily recover gold.

5.Many of you more than likely buy phones at low prices because you have to strip them down away from the housing, whereas I would pay the same amount, and even more than you and still would be able to turn a residual income from that one-time investment.

I may do these boards myself anyway because I want to know yields. And the whole key to getting close to accurate yields on cell phone boards is to keep notes on the amount of cell phone boards you processed. If you process cell phone boards all the time and do at least the same amount all the time, you'll easily have an idea of the amount of gold to expect from the boards alone.

You have to keep notes of all the components and process everything to get that gold amount. Then you add that to the gold amount you got from just the boards.

As long as I know what I'm getting, why would I complain that it has been depopulated. With that said, it's just as good as saying that I'll expect to get more because I didn't touch it all, yet the next person has to either strip it or sell it as is. I don't see any other way.

And then the same thing is hitting you in the face because now people want to pay less because they have to do all the work of depopulating it to get to the gold. Their time is money. Either way, I see this more than often. The work involved into depopulating cell phones is more than many of you will want to be doing often, by yourself.

Many of you are buying cell phones and don't have a clue as to what you're buying. You're focused on something other than your main objective, and that is MAXIMIZE what you can make. I'm sure there aren't any compilation of cell phone board yields (including components) available. That is part of my goal too. To compile board photos of cell phones/smartphones/boards to know how much visible gold is available. I can show pictures of cell phone boards that have very little to almost no gold on them at all. And just because you have a good deal on the amount you're paying (by weight) that means you can pay $100 and recover $19 worth of gold.

6.This thread was started and asking interested parties to pm me. I don't mind some of the questions asked so I can be aware of them myself, some things replied to here have nothing what-so-ever to do with "If You're Interested, PM Me!"

Really understand these boards before you invest into them, and take a common sense approach to knowing what to expect. Some people will discourage others more than often enough to know that there are people that will keep finding fault in what you're selling here. I'm not upset at all. It makes me wonder because some people that do a lot of speaking should be able to evaluate it themselves and make a REALISTIC determination of what something is worth.

7. Too many people talk about everything under the sun that is wrong with your stuff or want to PUBLICLY offer a "half-donkey" price on you, to throw that out there to now get EVERYONE willing to pay you around that amount, give or take a few dollars.

If any of you pay even $20 lb for cell phones/boards whatever, and can't turn that $20 into AT LEAST $$85 - $120, then you shouldn't say what they're worth. I know round about what I will get out of this. And that's just the boards, with nothing on them. Just the boards.

I bought these boards at a good price to refine them myself, but kinda need to sell them, but don't have to sell them. I want to keep them for the yield reports and learning experiences, but I can use the cash. That is for the most part. But if someone was willing to pay me what I paid for it, getting just the boards, I will sell. If no one buys, guess what?... I'll still make what I paid for this off of just the depopulated boards alone.

8. Please STOP posting here with comments of discussion whereas I am trying to sell. PM me please. STOP making these "FOR SALE OR TRADE" threads another "Soap Opera City". I want interested parties to pm me with an offer. If not, no skin off my back. I'm going to get the experience of getting more and more cell phone yields. That will go into my book of knowledge.

scrapparts!

You sure are pushing your luck..............................................

anachronism said:
scrapparts said:

So you didn't actually answer my question did you? If you knew they were from the same phone as you advertised you should be able to say what they are from. Dodgy advertising from someone whose sole purpose on this forum is to sell stuff.
I'm not sure what type of dope you're on, but I am not dodging anything. Take your two eyes and look up the information on the pictures I posted.

Do you know you sound like an idiot right now. They are cell phone boards and I do not know the exact model of them, and if you don't want to buy them, then you need to go take a chill pill. I post what I want on here that is legal and within their rules and regulations. If you don't like to see me selling on here, tell them to shut down shop because your metal process dictates the advertising and any gold recovery, processing items.

People like you need to be monitored before letting you post. You are talking trash for no reason what-so-ever. What darn question did I AVOID answering? I am glad to answer you. What did you miss? I can surely repeat or say something I must have forgotten.

Do you see how your DISRESPECT is evolving in this thread? I see it. Don't reply back. You should quit now and stop posting argumentive crap.

Do you want the boards or not? You so darn smart, I hope whoever looks up the models don't tell you. I just never bothered to do it and I'm not going to do it either. I work for my knowledge too. You go work for yours. You go find out and post the models to these phones right here... OK,,? You go do it!!

Please don't post back. You're in the wrong and I'm calling you out on it. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

So were you interested in my offer of $5 / lb for your mutilated boards worth $120 / lb??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scrapparts said:
anachronism said:
scrapparts said:

I'm not sure what type of dope you're on, but I am not dodging anything. Take your two eyes and look up the information on the pictures I posted.

Do you know you sound like an idiot right now. They are cell phone boards and I do not know the exact model of them, and if you don't want to buy them, then you need to go take a chill pill. I post what I want on here that is legal and within their rules and regulations. If you don't like to see me selling on here, tell them to shut down shop because your metal process dictates the advertising and any gold recovery, processing items.

People like you need to be monitored before letting you post. You are talking trash for no reason what-so-ever. What darn question did I AVOID answering? I am glad to answer you. What did you miss? I can surely repeat or say something I must have forgotten.

Do you see how your DISRESPECT is evolving in this thread? I see it. Don't reply back. You should quit now and stop posting argumentive crap.

Do you want the boards or not? You so darn smart, I hope whoever looks up the models don't tell you. I just never bothered to do it and I'm not going to do it either. I work for my knowledge too. You go work for yours. You go find out and post the models to these phones right here... OK,,? You go do it!!

Please don't post back. You're in the wrong and I'm calling you out on it. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

Dude this is so NOT cool! You should edit your post and apologize immediately. Even though in my expirience Jon is one of the friendliest guys here, he will tear you a new one as soon as he sees this and rightfully so. You are so wrong it is not even funny, and as enterteining as it would be to see you get put to your place, powers that be want to provide friendly environment for all users and minimize potential for drama and such... I bet you will still get the talking to by some of the mods, but your potential trade and overall reputation will greatly benefit if you correct your overly aggressive tone in above post...

Back