• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Selling CPU's and memory- UPDATE

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denim

Supporting Member
Has anyone here ever done business with http://www.keystonememory.com. They seem to have pretty competitive payouts for used stuff known to be in working condition. I picked up this load of towers and laptops the other day and per Keystone's price sheet (they sent it to me) I stand to get $998.00 for just the cpu's and memory out of these machines. The cpu's are mostly i5-xxxx, and a couple I7-xxxx, and the memory is all 4g PC3. I think this qualifies for my most profitable haul to date 8) .
I have to admit that I joined this forum for the wonderful refining aspects, but I have become quite keen on selling reusable stuff vs refining. It is soooo much easier.

IMG_5498.JPG

anachronism said:
Are you dealing with Sherri?
I am dealing with a chap named Craig. I just sent them a package of lesser valued cpu's and memory. I have reason to believe they were all in working condition, so we'll see how it goes.
I have sent Boardsort a number of cpu's, of unknown functionality, and they all tested okay.

I received a check for the small batch of CPU's and memory I sent to these guys, Keystone Memory, and everything worked out well. I got paid for everything I sent to them. It is nice to have another alternative to Ebay. With Ebay you are more likely to sell a single CPU to a person needing just one, but with an outfit like this you can sell a varied lot. And, they pay considerably more than Boardsort!
One small caveat is that it takes a few weeks for them to get around to testing everything, but the wait seems to be worth it.

OK, well then why don't you give us a little more info. What were the i7's you sold and what did they pay per piece. With this info we can also compare markets.

I tried to contact them through their pages and also direct via email from the bottom of their page. It was returned as an invalid address. Anyone else had success in contacting them through email?

denim said:
I received a check for the small batch of CPU's and memory I sent to these guys, Keystone Memory, and everything worked out well. I got paid for everything I sent to them. It is nice to have another alternative to Ebay. With Ebay you are more likely to sell a single CPU to a person needing just one, but with an outfit like this you can sell a varied lot. And, they pay considerably more than Boardsort!
One small caveat is that it takes a few weeks for them to get around to testing everything, but the wait seems to be worth it.

They should be paying a LOT more - a serious lot more for those processors than Boardsort, unless Boardsort are paying for working chips now.

Feel free to say what you sold and how much you got. Nobody should have a problem with that and I'm happy to point you the right direction to get the best price for them as I know a lot of processor and RAM dealers in the US.

Boardsort does pay for working CPUs.

Here is a list of some that they buy after they have tested them.

boardsort.com/cpupay.php

Understood Jon. I received $171.00 for four i3-xxxx cpu's, three 2G PC3 memory, one 4G PC3. I will post their most recent price list when I get home. I will also post what I sent to them. Their prices per piece for working units are much better than boardsort.

denim said:
Understood Jon. I received $171.00 for four i3-xxxx cpu's, three 2G PC3 memory, one 4G PC3. I will post their most recent price list when I get home. I will also post what I sent to them. Their prices per piece for working units are much better than boardsort.

Thanks Denim, really appreciate you doing that.

Okay, attached are two files.

'New Keystone Memory Pricing' is pretty self explanatory.

'Handwitten prices' is what Craig quoted me after I sent him a list of what I wanted to send to him. He had attached one of his/their price lists on a previous email, but alas, I missed it. So he just hand scribbled some prices on my list and emailed it back to me.

If you compare the prices on the handwritten price list with his New Keystone Memory price list you see there are some discrepancies. He lists the Exxxx series cpu's at about some 50 cents apiece or thereabout, and then on his handwritten page he shows no interest in them. Also mentionable, he paid me for three cpu's that are not on the New Keystone price list.

So I get the idea that his business is evolving to some degree as things go obsolete and so forth. I will contact him and get some clarification on this. That being said as per his prices on the handwritten page, and the quantities I sent, I should have received $163.00, and I received a check for $171.00. So I can only assume that while his prices are not exactly clear, so to speak, I do believe he is trying to treat people fairly.

Hope this helps.

Dennis

View attachment NEW Keystone Memory Pricing[3988].pdf
View attachment handwritten prices.pdf

edit: Silversaddle- Sorry if I have confused you. The cpu's and memory from the picture I initially showed have not been dealt with yet. The cpu's and memory I mention in the deal with this Keystone Memory was a much smaller lot from a previous couple of hauls. I will be sending the stuff from the towers in the picture later this month. I have an annual ewaste haul from a city/municipality this Friday and after that I will send my collection as of that time to these guys. I will let you know how that goes.

I have sold memory and processors to Craig in the past. All the deals seemed
to go well and I was pleased with how he handles his business. I would recommend
him to anyone on the forum as a reasonable buyer for working memory and CPU's.

I have an update to this thread. As I stated in a previous post I had a larger lot of CPU's and memory to send to this outfit - keystonememory.com . This lot was from the towers shown in the original post, along with a few items I had sitting around. I have attached a list of these items, and I sent this list to Craig at Keystone before sending him the items. He got back to me in short time with prices, which I have attached as well.

Per his company's price sheet, which was attached previously in this thread, I should have received $1132.00 for these items. His 'priced by Craig' list (attached) indicated he would pay $1054.50, if you total everything up. A difference of $77.50. He explained to me the price list is 'just a guide'. This was not a problem for me as I learned the actual payout before shipping the items to him.

He mentioned to me that they would promptly pay via Paypal after receiving the package, and checking it's contents for accuracy. They received the package on Feb 22, 2018 and I received a Paypal payment of 1054.50, minus a small Paypal fee, today Feb 28, 2018. That's not bad considering how busy they are.

So, what I have gathered as far as dealing with Keystone Memory is this.....

1.) Gather all your materials you wish to send to them and indicate them all on a Word document. He (Craig my contact there) likes Word documents so he can go into it and add the prices he will pay for each line item(s). Send this list to Craig at [email protected], or [email protected].
2.) In a couple days Craig will get back to you with his offer. If you reply with agreement he will send you a purchase order. The one for this deal is attached.
3.) Ship your items to Keystone (Langhorne, PA.- address is on Craig's email signature line) and include the purchase order number on the shipping label, or on the address side of the box/package. Don't forget to do this- very important to them. Also, it's a good idea to include your original list, as well as a copy of the purchase order. Also, if the package has some real value it might be good to insure it.
4.) Send your tracking information to [email protected]. This is also very important- include the purchase order number.
5.) Now you can do a 'Paypal request' (done at Paypal website) for funds from Keystone. Their Paypal funds request info is [email protected]. Be sure to include the purchase order number. After they receive your package and inventory it, they will send you the funds via Paypal, that is if you have submitted your tracking information correctly, and included the purchase order number with all communication. The tracking info isn't needed once they receive the package, but if they are going to pay before receiving the package they will be looking for the tracking info. Maybe they do this with established clients.
6.) If you don't wish to use Paypal then you will need to wait a few weeks for payment.

This is the second time I have sent these guys CPU's and memory and both times they have been good to deal with. I did the Paypal payment thing because I hate the 'check's in the mail' excuse you sometimes hear.

I have sold a number of CPU's and memory sticks on Ebay, but it is usually a single CPU, or a few sticks of memory at a time. It is nice to have a place to send larger lots and thus do a lot less packing and shipping.

My time involved in this latest round of items sold to Keystone was about five hours. That includes picking up the original equipment, tearing it down, getting rid of the spoils, and packing/sending the items. Needless to say I am a very happy camper today!

View attachment LIST OF CPU's and Memory edited for personal info 2-17-2018.pdf
View attachment LIST OF CPU%27s and Memory priced by Craig 2-17-2018%5B4102%5D edited for private info.pdf
View attachment Keystone PO 2.pdf

Edited to remove personal info- Thanks Kernals, I should have known better.

Hey Denim, some of your private details are visible inside those documents, not sure if you were happy to share them. But great to see how things can work over there.

Back