• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Free Sample Gold Plated Board For Assessment

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arty_glass

I have a large number of these boards and I am looking for feedback on what would be a fair price to ask for them. They are 5" X 5 1/2" including the breakaway border covered in solder mask. They are 4" X 5" without the borders.

If you are interested in a free sample just let me know and I will be glad to send you one. Feel free to poke, prod, erase, bend, break, melt, beat, subject to acid or test in any way you see fit.

I welcome any comments or suggestions. If you wish to make an offer on any number of boards with or without testing, let me know.

Here is a link to a page showing the ultimate use for these boards and pics of the boards I have prior to any components being added.

https://fccid.io/OOX-915C/Internal-Photos/internal-photos-858360

Attachments

• 20180224_085256.jpg
    20180224_085256.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 107
  • 20180224_085305.jpg
    20180224_085305.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 107
The plating is only ENIG on these boards so a lot less gold than on gold fingers.
http://goldrefiningwiki.com/mediawiki/index.php/ENIG

Göran

Goran,

Thanks for that. I assumed it was ENIG but also have read so much here and elsewhere that I thought I would draw on all the expertise available.

I have cut some pieces and let some diluted nitric work on it and am surprised by the size of the flakes. Not as good as fingers but am curious what others might discover and especially about areas under the solder mask. Is it of no value and is gold never found under the mask?

Here is an update from my own little test. I cut 8 little squares about 3/4" square from the better gold covered areas. This is not even half of one board. I covered with water and gradually added small amounts of nitric after scratching the surface. I was surprised at the foils. Any ideas on how this compares to what you normally find with ENIG?

Attachments

• 20180224_201830.jpg
    20180224_201830.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 80
Back