• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

20,000 sq ft Lab for sale (not my own)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grelko

I hope no one minds me posting this here, but I figured it had some signifigance to refining.

Some of you guys that have a good bit of money might be interested.

Pittsburgh Mineral and Environmental Technology services

PMET occupies 20,000 square feet of laboratory, pilot plant, and office space designed and equipped to efficiently service clients' needs and demonstrate the technical and commercial feasibility of newly developed products and processes.

http://www.pmet-inc.com/ Is for sale. I'm not sure how much they are asking.

8 Am- 5 Pm Est. Weekdays

724-843-5000 x15
fax 724-843-5353

SEM
QXRD
lazer partizle size analysis
optical microscopy
carbon/sulfur determination
precision sampling

Sieve Analysis
Ultra Fine Screening
Magnetic Separation
Gravity Separation
Loss-On-Ignition Analysis
Agglomeration

Hydrothermal Forming
Thermal Treatment
Mechanical Grinding
Autogenous Grinding
Chemical Analysis
Micro Hardness

Edit - I've spoken to them a year or two ago, about refining circuit boards, but they work with ore. I'm sure the lab set up would be able to refine boards as well. Years ago,they used to be a mercury recovery plant, and went on scientific digs etc.

I noticed they had the building for sale as I was driving through town one day.

If the lab did perform recovery of mercury in years past, it would probably be in the best interest of the purchaser to investigate the land (and building in some cases) and assess for potential impacts to the subsurface to ensure they don't end up becoming the owner of a future cleanup action for contamination that that they didn't cause.

Back