• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for vintage CPUs for my collection (buy / trade)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patry0t

Dear members!

During the recent years, I happen to get a nice CPU collection from here and there.

I have around 30-40 excess / duplicate CPUs that I initially wanted to process for gold, but I have a better idea, I would like to trade them! Gold content for same gold content!

Lets say, you own a CPU that I don't already have (see pictures), than we could trade it by you giving me your cpu, and I'm giving you a cpu from my excess stack in return with the same gold content. You would ask, okay but where is this business for you? Well there isn't, its a favor that I ask from anybody to willing to trade with me like this. I would be happy because my collection is extending and you wouldn't lose any gold, because I return the same amount to You.
Also if you are not a refiner, but just happen to have 1-2 CPUs that you can offer for my collection I would be very happy!

I'm currently residing in Europe, for further details please contact me through private message.

I have a bunch if interested. I have about 40 lbs of various ceramics.

Attachments

• E6A17EE5-0589-4D57-8FB2-0F2A6F4B3468.jpeg
    E6A17EE5-0589-4D57-8FB2-0F2A6F4B3468.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 821
  • 7C1B73CF-F4D4-45E7-B585-96FAFA9169C0.jpeg
    7C1B73CF-F4D4-45E7-B585-96FAFA9169C0.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 821
  • 949E182A-459F-4DDA-AAAA-01C7C42ECA1A.jpeg
    949E182A-459F-4DDA-AAAA-01C7C42ECA1A.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 821
  • 97F8048D-CFBF-46C1-8C4A-150793109EC4.jpeg
    97F8048D-CFBF-46C1-8C4A-150793109EC4.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 821
Dear Mcnew32!

I know its 1st of April, but I hope you are not joking, because of course I'm interested, I don't have these yet :)

This is my excess stash that I can trade from:

IMG_20180204_113151_1517740392938.jpg

Look closer, Cyrix was manufactured by IBM. :D

Ok, I add a link to my CPU:s too...
http://www.home.neab.net/gandalf/CeramicCPU-2015/sales.htm

Göran

Thanks, it's not totally finished but my ordinary daytime job is taking too much time.

Maybe I will put some more time into it in the near future, finally replaced my file server yesterday after having the hardware sitting on the shelf for a year. :D

The site consists of 100% static webpages, each page is created on the fly and rewritten by a script in an excel document where I have my inventory, whenever I change a number it writes a new page onto the server. That is as secure as it is possible to get a web server, no broken script to worry about.

Göran

The problem with your proposal is that you have literally stated in your opening post that there is nothing for us to gain by helping you out.

If you are really interested in getting ICs you don't have, why not make it worthwhile for the Gold refiners and swap them for ICs with 3 or 4 times as much Gold. If you are only in it as a collector, then surely the amount of Gold in the IC is irrelevant to you ?

no no, you misunderstood me, I'm not waiting for new "clients", I'm waiting for the pictures :)
But of course gold content matters to me, I can't give 3-4 times the gold value in return, maybe a bit more to cover the postage fees. But as you can see I don't have much excess.

Patry0t said:
no no, you misunderstood me, I'm not waiting for new "clients", I'm waiting for the pictures :)
But of course gold content matters to me, I can't give 3-4 times the gold value in return, maybe a bit more to cover the postage fees. But as you can see I don't have much excess.

But surely you are not taking 'collector value' into account then ? Surely there must be individual CPUs with more 'collector value' than all your swap CPUs together. You are either a collector or Gold hoarder, you will struggle as long you try to be both at the same time.

I have a large container of various ceramic CPUs, DACs, ADCs, ICs, but I would not even contemplate for a moment wasting my time uploading pictures and going through the postage dramas just to break even and get the warm fuzzies from helping a collector.

to kernels:
I totally understand your opinion, thank you for sharing it. But if you don't want to help, please just avoid this topic.

to others:
I'm currently residing in Europe, so I'm waiting for volunteers from inside EU, because from outside the fees can get quite nasty.

Kernels is right.

Collectible chips are worth far more than their gold value. Offering the gold value won't get you many (if any) takers. I'm out.

Jon

Doesn't matter who is right, I made it clear when I opened this topic how I would like to trade them. If someone is willing to help its perfect, if not, than at least I tried.

Back