• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Revised Listing - Thin Flat Packs 3 KG

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arty_glass

I messed up with my previous numbers and photos.

Here are the new numbers and some pictures.

Thin RAM type chips wires on 2 sides various sizes - 1120 Grams

Thin flat packs with wires on 4 sides - 1900 Grams

Most of the 4 sided chips have had wires removed.

Asking $130 US including shipping.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20180513_120911.jpg
    20180513_120911.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 245
  • 20180513_120902.jpg
    20180513_120902.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 245
  • 20180513_120940.jpg
    20180513_120940.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 245
Please offer feedback if you see a mistake in my offering. The last time I offered a large amount of BGA chips I was advised to be around 60% including shipping.

This is where I believe I am with this group of chips. I realize the 2 sided RAM type are not as high yielding but the majority are 4 sided and all are the very thin flat packs.

Thanks

Hi arty_glass, I think maybe if you are not getting much of a response it could be due to the extra steps in processing these making them not as good a deal as BGA chips.

Firstly you have to deal with between 3 and 10 times as much material for the same yield and secondly you have all the ferrous parts to deal with as an additional step.

If you are not having much luck, I suggest you drop the price by $10 per week until someone bites :)

Arty,
My pretty limited experience with the types of chips you show in the pictures says their yield will be about .6grams per pound, which would equate to about 4grams AU. At $42.00/gr there is about $160.00 worth of gold there. To me it would not be worth paying $130.00, then spending the time to process them for a net of about $30.00.
I think boardsort.com pays about $8.00/lb for these which would be about $50.00 for the 6.5 lbs of chips you show.
I sincerely doubt you will sell these to any forum member, at least not to any familiar with processing these types of chips.
Your best bet is ebay, or lower your price substantially. Processing chips is a labor intensive endeavor. Not to mention dangerous, fumes wise.
Best of luck though!

Dennis

Thanks Kernels and Dennis

I used the numbers that Tzoax gives in his results of specific types on the first page.

He puts the RAM type at .699 grams per KG

He puts the 4 sided thin flat packs at 2.29 grams per KG I have removed the wires from all the larger ones totalling 1372 grams

I thought that would put it closer to 5 grams and of course I am willing to listen to offers.

I didn't think your price was obscene, I just dont have the cash for them right now. A couple more weeks and I should be caught up and will take them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snoman701 said:
I didn't think your price was obscene, I just dont have the cash for them right now. A couple more weeks and I should be caught up and will take them.

Right on Sno. Will you be processing these as a separate batch, or will you be adding them to others for a larger batch? I'd be really interested in the yield from these including the time/materials spent to process. Glad to see someone is going to help arty_glass out.

Dennis

denim said:
snoman701 said:

Right on Sno. Will you be processing these as a separate batch, or will you be adding them to others for a larger batch? I'd be really interested in the yield from these including the time/materials spent to process. Glad to see someone is going to help arty_glass out.

Dennis

Oh, I'd still like to see someone else buy them, so I'm hoping they get sold before then! Arty is in an adventure, and if we quit buying he might run out of beer or gas money.

But I'd just be adding them to the bucket. I've got a lot of chips to do as things progress as time allows.

Not obscene pricing at all, I would be surprised if someone experienced ended with less than 4.5g. If I didn't live on the other side of the planet I would have made a cheeky offer

Sno,

The good pickers get their beer from the buyers for free in the mushroom patch. Maybe we can start something similar here? :)

Gas is another matter - all time high.

I sent you a message on the chips.

Thanks

arty_glass said:
Chips are sold. Thanks to all.

Arty,
That's great! Glad to see they are sold. This business never ceases to amaze me. Once again, I have been schooled in a reality I didn't think existed :). Just because I wouldn't involve myself in something doesn't mean that someone else can't involve themselves in that same thing, and get some satisfaction out of it. Lesson learned.
Dennis

Back