• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Collectible Chip Maybe ?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snoman701

$50 USD for the whole board shipped to you, as long as it fits in a small flat rate box

It's out of a piece of test equipment

image1.JPG

macfixer01 said:
Looks like a M8192 CPU board, for I think a DEC PDP-11?
You are absolutely right, this board KDJ11-A / M8192 for PDP 11 ...
here a little about this: http://gunkies.org/wiki/KDJ11-A_CPU

snoman701 said:
$50 USD for the whole board shipped to you, ....

$50 is a price-gift for fans of PDP-11 (IMHO)

Bator said:
macfixer01 said:
Looks like a M8192 CPU board, for I think a DEC PDP-11?
You are absolutely right, this board KDJ11-A / M8192 for PDP 11 ...
here a little about this: http://gunkies.org/wiki/KDJ11-A_CPU

snoman701 said:
$50 USD for the whole board shipped to you, ....

$50 is a price-gift for fans of PDP-11 (IMHO)

Well, the price stands for another 24 hours, then I'll move it to eBay. I have all of the other boards out of this unit as well. Can't remember the name it was sold under.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was the flip chip i bought for a PDP system... couldn't really determine if it came from a pdp-11 or not though.

I loved how the wire wrapped core is protected bythe plexiglass... it is like it was intentionally on display.

Hope you guys like...

Attachments

• 20180410_095458.jpg
    20180410_095458.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 119
I'm no expert on PDP but isn't flip-chip the name on small modules used in the early PDP:s?

In any case, that is a beautiful board. If I would guess that board is probably a core memory board for a PDP8 or a similar early machine.

I got a PDP 8 in parts about ten years ago and I sold it all on ebay, I got between $10 and $30 per board. Even the simple boards and cables sold. It was one of my best deals ever, made a months salary in the end on something I was hoping would cover the petrol I spent when fetching it.

Göran

I have seen smaller boards called 'flip chips' from some pics i dug up a while ago... I call this a flip chip because it is printed right on the board near the left top of the board... although I have yet to see it turned over on its own yet, so i don't get why they call it a flip chip :lol:

If it's printed on the board it must be true! :D

That board is pure gold so be careful with it. Never remove the plastic protection, the cores are fragile.
That is probably why they used clear plastics on the board, to be able to inspect it without taking it apart. Looking for broken wires and cores.

Göran

Back