• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Boards for Collectors

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snoman701

I don't know anything about them. Just listing them at what I think is competitive, pays for the scrap value, and makes it worthwhile to put it in a box and take it to the post office.

AST 202403 Board with Intel 386 Processor, $20
Unknown memory expansion board w/gold caps, $40
Unknown 80/186 control board w/processor, $40

Shipping not included, but at cost

IMG_3701.JPGimage4.JPGimage3.JPGimage1 (2).JPG

The brand name of the memory board is STB. Looks like it’s a piggyback for one of their multifunction boards that added up to an additional 512K memory, although it only has 320K currently installed on it. For a few years there in the early to mid 80’s, everybody and his brother was making multifunction boards for all the IBM PC clones. AST, STB, and Quadram were some of the bigger names.

Macfixer01

AST, well know that the State of Michigan used many many of them. I haven't seen anything AST in 8+ years. I liked them much more than the other computer equipment the state had because they used Phillips head screws and not Torx head like Compaq's and others but that was back when I only had 2 cordless drills and swapping bits was not a favorite of mine.

Back