• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sun ultrasparc processor boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slive

Hey,

I also got 8 of these nice little boards. Would you say it's worth it to remove the CPU and sell everything separately ?

Also please check the BGA Type module I "opened" :twisted:

Thanks

20180713_132638.jpg
20180713_133708.jpg
20180713_132651.jpg
20180713_132604.jpg
18713132455131.jpg

The die came off with the heat sink. The interposer is still on the board I guess :?:

Attachments

• 20180713_163738.jpg
    20180713_163738.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 145
mls26cwru said:
the real question is what type of interposer was there? do you still have it?

LOL!!! My exact same thought when I see them. When something can yield up to 50%, you mind it!

mls26cwru said:
no, the interposer between the sparc CPU and the board... if it is black, keep it, if its translucent amber, its not worth much

Got it. It was translucent amber and I still have it. So no point putting these on ebay or something? I guess, I can sell the CPUs for ~6€ each.

Thanks! :D

Sell the CPU:s to a collector, there's not a lot of gold in those.

The majority of the gold in those boards is in the nine plastic BGA chips left on the board. The fingers are easy picking too but probably less gold than in the BGA chips.

Date-wise I would guess around 2001, so all the MLCC:s might contain palladium and silver. No guarantee though.

Göran

g_axelsson said:
Sell the CPU:s to a collector, there's not a lot of gold in those.

The majority of the gold in those boards is in the nine plastic BGA chips left on the board. The fingers are easy picking too but probably less gold than in the BGA chips.

Date-wise I would guess around 2001, so all the MLCC:s might contain palladium and silver. No guarantee though.

Göran
I will do so. Thank you!

Back