• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

10k 0.31ozt Gold Ring (sold)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keyman

I got this ring from my grandfather after he passed (a long time ago now). It's been in a box for years. I only found it when going through everything I have in storage. No one in the family knows anything about it, so it doesn't have any sentimental value. I joined here a long time ago, always planning on taking a stab at refining gold, but the reality is that it's unlikely I'm going to get to doing that anytime in the near future.

As a result, I'm looking to sell this ring. While I could put it on eBay, my first thought was to sell it here and let someone in this community realize the difference in value.

The weight, as you can see in the image, is 0.31ozt. Obviously, that includes the gemstone, which is lavender in color.

The preview for this post doesn't appear to like the image files I'm using. Thus, here are some links:
You can see 300 pixel thumbnails:

Full size images:

While we're all aware of the spot value for gold and what 10k equates to, we need to account for the gemstone weight and any value it might have. It appears difficult to remove, so I didn't weigh them separately.

Given that I don't know what the gemstone is, it's hard to determine any value for it, but I'd assume something in a 10k setting isn't all that valuable. If it matters to someone, the visible top of the gemstone is 0.514 inches x 0.454 inches (setting to setting). It shows some minor beveling of corners and very fine scratches on the edges of the top face.

I'm looking to get a reasonable price or it, but I'm unsure what "reasonable" really equates to, given that just assuming the value is the weight * 10kt % * gold spot price is only just a ballpark and doesn't account for any of the above.

As I was writing this, it seems that it might be easier for me to just put this on eBay, but I'd like to try to sell it here, given that I've already got this post written.

Shipping is from California. I'd prefer to use the US Postal Service, but I'm willing to ship it whatever reasonable way is desired. I'd prefer payment via PayPal, which gives a bit of security to both of us.

Back