• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Scitex Whisper Boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldgoldman

Hi All,

Have access to factory full of old Scitex equipment. Interested in selling for resale. Beautiful equipment from 1980s, 1990s. 386, 486 etc

let me know if interested.

thanks

Hi Silver Saddle !

I'm picking a factory that at one time employed 400 people in large format printing processes .. now has 10. I'm not a printing expert, but the building is littered with old abandoned electronics from 60s-90s. Apples of all vintages, IBM PS2, Scitex, DEC etc. I haven't done a full inventory but I think there are 6-8 whisper systems with SCSI drive, PDUs etc.

No .. there are not truckloads. I'm looking to remarket for reasonable re-use value. The boards are in beautiful condition still in racks and backplane.

So interested if anyone has remarking channels, before going refining route.

The homeruun was already hit in this pick with the resale of some extremely valuable vintage Goerz lenses.

The old electronics are just icing on the cake.

Regards

DEC sound interesting, if it's old DEC minicomputers then you could have a nice score there. Even plastic trimming from the racks could fetch a decent pay. DEC gear is very popular among classic computer collectors..

IBM PS/2 could also fetch some money among the retro computer crowd.

Göran

Back in the day a Scitex 4 color separation drum scanner and image editing computer filled a whole room and cost 1/4 million dollars. Spent a few years running one for the printing company I worked for in the 80's.

So far I've located 2 DEC Alpha Server 1000
RickBB is correct .. these old systems take up rooms.
Think the oldest unit will be a Heil or Hell German unit.
Interested to dig into that cabinet

Again .. I'm not in a huge rush, so please reach out to me with any interest on the Scitex and I'll keep you posted as I rummage my way through.

Best Regards

Back