• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cell Phones, Cell Phone Boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ocean

Hey Everybody,

I wanted to remind you all that we buy Scrap Cell Phones and Cell Phone Boards.

Right now we are paying $6/lb for Cell Scrap with no batteries and no backs,

+++++Any phone worth MORE than scrap value gets PAID Market Value instead of scrap pricing.

For Forum members, $12/lb for Cell Phone Boards, clean, which means no excess plastic or LCDs.

Most of the LARGEST eScrap buyers on this forum cherry pick their more modern phones and send to us for maximization of return.

Our goal is to pay you the most we can, so that we can continue to earn your business!

We pay for shipping with pre-paid Fed Ex labels also.

Give us a shot!! :)

You'll be glad you did!

I have been selling to Jack for a couple of years now. The last three checks Jack sent me add up to over $1500 and that is for about the last 6-7 weeks cell phone buying for me.

Don't tell Jack I just bought another 450 yesterday. So as soon as i process them he has to write another check. :p

What i do is pull the batteries on all and the backs on any that I know he will only pay $6 lb. Supposed to be over 100* today so I don't think I will get to them in the next few days.

I highly reccommend Jack

Hello!
Can you tell me if there is anywhere i can sell these cell phone displays
and some old phone cameras? Are they worth anything?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 2012-11-21 15.27.13.jpg
    2012-11-21 15.27.13.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 654
  • 2012-11-21 15.29.41.jpg
    2012-11-21 15.29.41.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 654
You pay $6 per Lb of cell phones, how much per cell phone and how much per prcessor would you pay IF you bought individualy?

Thanks

nōnāgintā trēs said:
You pay $6 per Lb of cell phones, how much per cell phone and how much per prcessor would you pay IF you bought individualy?

Thanks
Step 1. Weigh each piece - get the weight in US pounds
Step 2. Multiply that number by the price per pound

There is no 'magic number' for cell phones any more than there is for processors or exact amount of chemical to add to dissolve all the metals. Each one is different weight, so unless you would specify just one cell phone (and if you did, the only way the data would be any good is if you had many of them and then, you wouldn't be asking about just one.....), the above is all you can really get.

I've seen cell phones go at 10 per pound, but then, I've had some of the old ones that run 3 per pound (once had one that weighed 3 pounds....). I wouldn't say there is an 'average' weight, though somewhere I heard 4 oz was the target weight for phones with battery.

Weigh one and see - that's the only way to know for sure.

MMFJ said:
nōnāgintā trēs said:

Thanks
Step 1. Weigh each piece - get the weight in US pounds
Step 2. Multiply that number by the price per pound

There is no 'magic number' for cell phones any more than there is for processors or exact amount of chemical to add to dissolve all the metals. Each one is different weight, so unless you would specify just one cell phone (and if you did, the only way the data would be any good is if you had many of them and then, you wouldn't be asking about just one.....), the above is all you can really get.

I've seen cell phones go at 10 per pound, but then, I've had some of the old ones that run 3 per pound (once had one that weighed 3 pounds....). I wouldn't say there is an 'average' weight, though somewhere I heard 4 oz was the target weight for phones with battery.

Weigh one and see - that's the only way to know for sure.

Well if I don't know what the PRICE PER LB IS??? thats not going to help me much!

You answered that question in your original post $6 per lb and if you strip them down to the boards $12 per lb.
I don't think ocean is interested in individual components but certain phones are worth more than scrap,perhaps PM Jack for further details.

I don't like paying more than 2€ per phone ($3.75). I figure 20 cell phones = 1g fine gold. So really 40€ per gram fine gold is breaking even for me. Untill now it was worth the practice at refining. If I can get away with 1€ per phone I'm making money.

nōnāgintā trēs said:
I don't like paying more than 2€ per phone ($3.75). I figure 20 cell phones = 1g fine gold. So really 40€ per gram fine gold is breaking even for me. Untill now it was worth the practice at refining. If I can get away with 1€ per phone I'm making money.

20 cell phones = 1 gram? have you ever processed cell phone boards? i processed 2,400 boards and recovered about 15g total.

i need to figure out where these phone boards are coming from and why i cant find some.

also,3.75/2=1.875 1.875x40=75 $75 per gram of gold is breaking even?

Geo said:
nōnāgintā trēs said:

20 cell phones = 1 gram? have you ever processed cell phone boards? i processed 2,400 boards and recovered about 15g total.

i need to figure out where these phone boards are coming from and why i cant find some.

It's interesting to read that people have to buy cellphones and PC's, here down under, e-waste is a burdon and costs an individual NZ$20 to "dump" a PC and as for cellphones, well most people give them to the kids to play with after thier use-by-date. I pay nothing for my e-waste. A local company supply's me with over 80 PC's per year included in this are all the other bits and pieces such as; 20kg box of plugs and cable, laptops, printers and servers. I only have to pickup.

Ahh, it's rough down under 8)

Deano

butcher said:
At least I do not have kangaroos eating my garden.

Whoa, hold on there fella :lol: Australians (Aussy's) have kangaroos, We, NZer's,(reffered to as Kiwi's) have the Kiwi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiwi

of which we dont eat, they are protected. NZ is more South than the Australia. Kangaroo taste devine, though the people talk funny. :mrgreen:

Aussy's and Kiwi's share a tran-Tasman(Tasman Sea) rivalry in most or all thing one can have a rivalry about :lol:

People whom mistake the a Kiwi for an Aussy shall recieve the LOOK!!! Butt beause you can't see the "LOOK" it will land on deaf ears. hah, take that. :lol:

Deano

Geo said:
nōnāgintā trēs said:

I buy old cell phones at the gypsy market here every 2 weeks. I TRY and pay 1euro per phone. I find that the older the phone the better! For me 20 cell phones using BDG and oxalic gives me 1g fine gold (brown dust). The going rate from oegussa.at 14 Decfember 2012 is €41.22 per gram. Thats what they'll pay me for a gram. That means for me 20 cellphones at 2€ a piece would be about even. I use BDG and oxalic for Aq.re. and SMB for HCL/bleach.

No wait don't boot him, I actually read the whole thing trying to make d**n sense of it. ;)

gold4mike said:
Off the meds again?
Personally, I say that account should get banned.

Riddles, unthoughtful accusations and other non-forum intended content.

What is and (or) the point of that post.

If he isn't off the meds, he/she needs to be on them.

This forum doesn't need jokers here that contribute conflict. We're here to learn and to help others that ask for it. I see so-called members that register here to cause nothing but chaos. And I have a dog named Chaos (12 human years now), and he does nothing but give strangers trouble.... ALL THE TIME.

Kevin

Back