• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANT TO BUY: Ingot Moulds (Australia, preferably Melbourne)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks,
I'm a noobie to the forum & have washed/filtered Ag & Au "Cement"/"Powder" ready & waiting to smelt so am looking to buy a few new or used (if in good nick) ingot moulds.
Anything from 10g Au through to 10oz Ag.
If I'm better off buying through Amazon or the like, just let me know. (noobie remember!)

I hate to tell you but you have no chance of pouring 10 grams of molten metal into a mould.
If I was you I'd try a google search for jewellers supplies in Australia and see if there are many, I doubt it but you may find a couple and they are a good place to start and a phone call to them might produce a name if they don't carry them in stock.

nickvc said:
I hate to tell you but you have no chance of pouring 10 grams of molten metal into a mould.
If I was you I'd try a google search for jewellers supplies in Australia and see if there are many, I doubt it but you may find a couple and they are a good place to start and a phone call to them might produce a name if they don't carry them in stock.

Thanks allot, I'll be talking to my jewellers later today thanks to you! :)
So far I've only gotten as far as jars of washed Ag & Au "Cement", I haven't done any smelting at all yet but your advice RE not being able to pour 10g is invaluable!
My thoughts were: With Au, the smaller the bar/pour the better (when it comes to selling).
So in your opinion what would be the "Idea" size Gold Bar to pour, with regards to ease of pouring etc?
Silver is my "Thing" so I've decided to go with 5 &10oz Hand Stamped, Serialized bars there because I know I've got a steady stream of buyers that'll snap them up, especially the 5oz as it seems to be a less common yet handy size.

I have blank graphite if you're interested. I cut mine to small sizes and use a flat bottom drill bit on a drill press. You could make any size you want. Some of my molds are as small as 1/4" all the way up to 4". The deeper you machine it, the more you can fit in. :lol: The blanks are as large as 4"x4"x48". I will cut any size you want , let me know. Jonn.

Back