• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

RF connectors and plated transistors

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triodeLVR

I would like to find someone near me to look at my collection of plated connectors and transistors and IC's to discuss the viability of refining. I am located in Schulenburg, Texas 78956
Thanks in Advance. I can email pictures of what I have. Sorry cant figure out how to post pictures with my phone.
Johnny Knesek

triodeLVR said:
I would like to find someone near me to look at my collection of plated connectors and transistors and IC's to discuss the viability of refining. I am located in Schulenburg, Texas 78956
Thanks in Advance. I can email pictures of what I have. Sorry cant figure out how to post pictures with my phone.
Johnny Knesek
Welcome to the forum.

Your best bet.

No# 1. Learn how to post pictures with your phone.
No# 2. Take the pictures and if you can upload them to your computer, then post them that way.
No# 3. Ask someone to do it for you. Take your material to them and let them take the pictures and upload them.
No# 4. Offer someone an incentive to come to you just to look at some material (some money or some of your materials)

The fastest and easiest way is to somehow get the pictures uploaded to here so others can see them and let you know.

[Update]
How to get your images uploaded to this forum.

a. make sure the images are on your computer.
b. log in and go to your thread (this thread).
c. either edit your thread or add the pictures by clicking on the "Browse" button to the right side of "Filename".
d. go to the file on your hard drive, select it and click the "Open" button. Then after that, click on the "Add the file" button.
e. do that for all your images and they should upload.

Note... the images cannot be more than 1400 pixels wide.. I forget about the height.

Kevin

Thank you Kevein for your tips.
I have been trolling the forum for a while, was hoping to get a dialog started.
I absolutely hated chemistry in high school, so the tech stuff is really hard to read for me, it amazes me as to the smarts of your members!!
I have collected this stuff over the years thru my electronics hobby.
I am totally ignorant to 99% of the tech talk here but will continue to watch from the sideline and try to soak up some info.
Thanks to all!!
Johnny Knesek

johnny, the best way to learn the language is to keep reading and listening to the natives, before you know it you will be speaking in this foreign language not many seem to understand.

butcher said:
johnny, the best way to learn the language is to keep reading and listening to the natives, before you know it you will be speaking in this foreign language not many seem to understand.
That is too true. For the longest time I didn't know what North and South Bridges were UNTIL I decided to go to Google and do a search for "north south bridge", and instantly, it was right in front of me.

Guess when I learned what North/South Bridges are?... Last night. Yep. I even saved many images to a folder where I am learning refining. Ironically, I've been saving them for quite some time, and now I know what they are. Now I need to know their value(s).

Keep reading this forum and searching this forum, and doing Google searches for the info. Info I thought wasn't out there, is out there. Nothing is a secret anymore, especially on the Internet.

This forum WILL teach you what you need and want to know about precious metals and refining.

Kevin

testerman said:
butcher said:
That is too true. For the longest time I didn't know what North and South Bridges were UNTIL I decided to go to Google and do a search for "north south bridge", and instantly, it was right in front of me.

Guess when I learned what North/South Bridges are?... Last night. Yep. I even saved many images to a folder where I am learning refining. Ironically, I've been saving them for quite some time, and now I know what they are. Now I need to know their value(s).

Keep reading this forum and searching this forum, and doing Google searches for the info. Info I thought wasn't out there, is out there. Nothing is a secret anymore, especially on the Internet.

This forum WILL teach you what you need and want to know about precious metals and refining.

Kevin

and still, alot of members have no idea what these components do for the machines we scrap. a north/south bridge chip is a type of chip that deals with VGA (video graphics acceleration). north/south bridge is a particular type but other types of the same chips are used like "flip chips" and "flatpaks". the last two can substitute as secondary processors or VGA but north/south bridges are primarily VGA chips.flip chips can be BGA's (ball grid arrays) or PGA's (pin grid arrays) while flatpaks are SMD's (surface mounted devices) and all north/south bridge chips are BGA's.

I Am having trouble understanding what the natives are saying something about VGABGA flat flippin chips off of the bridges, well I am just going to stick around that sounds like a fun game, maybe I can learn more about it.

I just wish there was a "Learn all this" for dummies out there......
O wait...I'm here!!!!!!! Yes....now if only I could download it into my memmory so I wouldn't have to do it manually.....By READING.....yucko...
BS.

Back