• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Refined gold & silver

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rparks3rd

I am looking for a source to buy refined silver and gold from on a regular basis? I am NOT looking to get ripped off either I will not pay spot or your 10% ABOVE and so on.

I am looking for a honest person that doesnt want to rip people off to throw some offers my way. I am not looking for alot but probably like 5-10 grams every other week or so. so if you could please quote me prices per gram of gold and per ounce of silver I would apreciate it. I will make payments via Pay Pal once an agreement has been made based on a percentage of spot. Please PM me with all offers...

Thanks,
Bob P.

Also I am always interested in natural unrefined flake and placers FYI

Bob,

I'm not quite sure what you're looking to pay exactly, but trying to pay under spot for fine metals AND using paypal to do it is going to get you no where fast. The paypal fees alone are enough to make it simply not worth doing.

Maybe you should post more about what you are looking to pay, instead of what you're not looking to pay, and you might get more responses.

If you are only looking to buy 5-10 grams per week the shipping costs are gonna have you paying double spot for that small ammount. You might want to look into finding a coin shop in your area and buying .999 rounds or bars from there instead. I dont know of anyone who is willing to sell for less than spot and on small quantities you will pay a much higher premium over spot.

rparks3rd said:
I am looking for a source to buy refined silver and gold from on a regular basis? I am NOT looking to get ripped off either I will not pay spot or your 10% ABOVE and so on.

Why in the world would I sell you 999 fine gold or silver for anything less then spot - especially in the small quanty you are asking for - I have local buyers that are more then glad to pay over spot - if I wanted less then spot I would sell to the big refiners most of who will pay 98% -98.5% for 999 fine metals (at least on gold)

Paying a little over spot for FINE gold or silver is not ripping you off - its just the way it is in the PM market

You may find some poor sole here or there that is willing to sell their fine gold for less then spot - but thats because they don't know or have the right markets to get their "fair market value" --- in which case it is my opion that you intend to take advantage of them & rip them off

Sorry if my post sounds negitive - but its your attitude of coming here & TELL us what you will pay to not get ripped off - when there are "in fact" better markets then what you want to pay --- or like Joe said --------

"Maybe you should post more about what you are looking to pay, instead of what you're not looking to pay, and you might get more responses"

Kurt

rparks3rd said:

I am looking for a honest person that doesnt want to rip people off to throw some offers my way. I am not looking for alot but probably like 5-10 grams every other week or so. so if you could please quote me prices per gram of gold and per ounce of silver I would apreciate it. I will make payments via Pay Pal once an agreement has been made based on a percentage of spot. Please PM me with all offers...

Thanks,
Bob P.

Also I am always interested in natural unrefined flake and placers FYI

I don't think people understand that as refiners, or at least small garage refiners, are paying many times very close to the actual value of precious metals in the scrap that they process. Then add to that the cost of acids, equipment, electricity and actual labor and the profit margin shrinks to almost nothing in many cases. To make money refining in your garage takes a very savvy person. It's not easy, and not something you just decide to do one day.

What irritates me about posts like this is the person posting already is assuming he is dealing with crooked people, and treats refiners as if they are scam artists from some West African nation.

Maybe you should purchase the equipment yourself, spend all the time it takes to read and learn what you need to just understand the basic chemistry involved, let alone the skill it takes in actually observing, refining, etc. Make the mistakes, loose the money, invest the money required to obtain a level of experience that will allow you to refine for other people, with confidence. Add to that all the costs involved in the waste solutions, and on and on.

I used to sell what I produced to my customers at 98% spot, but I told them if they continued using my product after x amount of months, that they were going to have to pay above spot, and do you know not one of them purchases their precious metals from anyone else, unless I don't have any to sell?

I hate to break the news to you, but you are in competition with people who are more than willing to pay more than spot. If you are buying precious metals, BUYING, you rarely get to negotiate very much with the person selling the precious metals, if the person selling does so for a living. You might be able to buy someone's necklace for below spot, but then you have to have it refined and you will end up with less in your pocket anyway.

How about you do all of us here a great big favor, read some of the posts here, read how long it took for people to learn this trade, understand that we are people just like you, trying to make a living, and creating something out of scrap in many cases. Understand how much work is involved and then ask yourself this question, if you were one of us, a refiner, would you sell your hard work and labor for anything less than what it was worth?

Scott

Back