• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for a toll refiner

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikedmissouri

I have 60 or so gold window eproms that id be interested in doin a toll refine with. I have another hundred or so coming in the near future. This is my first time entertaining the idea of toll refining but it was suggested by several individuals on another forum that im a member of and this site was highly recommended for its outstanding members. I also have a few highgrade cpus and several pounds of the silver window eproms and plastic ic chips. Im also considering trimming my fingers instead of selling the whole board. Thanks.

Pretty clear that yall arent interested in doin the small amount that i have. I wasnt sure if i had enough to peak yalls interest. If i were to have say 200 gold window eproms would that be enough for someone to fire the ole lab up? Thanks guys

Be patient and I'm sure someone will get back with you.

Some of us are still recovering from our New Years hangover.!!! :p

Kevin

I would have been glad to do it for you, but I'm in the wrong part of the world, the shipping would probably eat any profit and the winter weather have shut me down for yet a few months. If you're not in a hurry I could do it.

Göran

g_axelsson said:
I would have been glad to do it for you, but I'm in the wrong part of the world, the shipping would probably eat any profit and the winter weather have shut me down for yet a few months. If you're not in a hurry I could do it.

Göran

Im in no hurry so i will just keep saving up. Have you refined these before>? What do they yield on average?

I've run a batch this autumn but as I ran it with some other scrap I don't have any solid yield numbers. I also tried a search of the forum but I didn't find any yield numbers. Probably because there are a lot of different models, makers and dates.

The type of eproms I ran were all 27512, most with a larger die but some smaller ones too. All had aluminum bond wires and no golden lids so I could just pop the top off and rip off any legs. After a pre treatment in nitric I went straight to AR.
I did some screening with nitric first. I found three types of eproms.
- All silvery, didn't contain any gold but probably silver braze. Not worth processing for me.
- Silvery plated but with a yellowish tint braze. The braze stood up to nitric but fell off the ceramic base when the plate dissolved. Probably a low gold braze. Only found a few of those and all had small dies.
- Golden plate and braze. Easily spotted through the window. Easily processed in AR.

The only thing I remember about the yield is that it was a lot less than I hoped for. :mrgreen:
Afterwards I tried to leach the leftovers and it tested just as barren as my discarded solutions so I'm pretty confident that I got most of the gold.

If you still want me to do toll refining for you, just contact me in April, that's when the snow starts to melt.

Göran

I could possibly help you out. I have toll refined for a few members. Testerman was the most recent. You could contact him, I'm sure that he would be totally honest with you about the experience.

I only refine as a hobby, so I would probably take a bit longer than some other members. I don't give estimates on what I think the yield will be with this type of material. Because there are too many variables.

Because I'm only a hobbiest I usually only work with small lots like yours.

If your interested please PM me with pictures and details. So we can work out the toll details.

Thad.

tek4g63 said:
I could possibly help you out. I have toll refined for a few members. Testerman was the most recent. You could contact him, I'm sure that he would be totally honest with you about the experience.

I only refine as a hobby, so I would probably take a bit longer than some other members. I don't give estimates on what I think the yield will be with this type of material. Because there are too many variables.

Because I'm only a hobbyist I usually only work with small lots like yours.

If your interested please PM me with pictures and details. So we can work out the toll details.

Thad.
I will personally vouch for tek4g63.

tek4g63 did a great job for me, even though I didn't send that many ceramic cpu's to him (around 1lb worth). He sent me what he told me he got out of it and he also told me that he would work on trying to recover the rest that might be recovered. I told him to keep it if he recovered anything else from what I sent him.

I haven't mentioned it, but tek4g63 didn't charge me at all. It was a barter deal. I promised some hard drive parts which I am obligated to ship out to him, but I definitely trust him to refine for me.

It's ironic I looked at this thread and saw that I was mentioned in it. (tek4g63, I also took a picture of the button you sent to me... then I sold it.... (financial issues).

If tek4g63 says that he can refine a certain material, I believe him and I trust him to do it for me and (or) anyone else here on the forum.

We are family here.... No bull crapping anyone. It won't fly.

Kevin

Thank you Kevin. I was glad to help. Looking forward to working with you again sometime.

I enjoy helping out the forum members in any way that I can. I'm not great with explaining processes, or giving good descriptions in writing. So I like to help with actions whenever I can.

I don't have my list of the members that I have done work for with me right now, but another member that comes to mind as a friend is " jmdlcar ". I have not only worked for him, but he has also helped me out by purchasing gold from me. He ( like many other members here ) is also a very honest person.

I also recently recovered and refined nearly 3 oz troy of gold from plating salts for member "onthespot".

I hope to do business with you sometime.

Thad.

Thad you sound like a great fit for me. Ill get some pics tonight and get them to you if i can figure out how to. Thanks alot!

DSCF8381_zps3202c27a.jpg

DSCF8384_zpsa9613ae5.jpg[img]

I was contacted today by mikedmissouri. We have agreed on a deal. I will be processing the eproms for him, along with a few ceramic CPU's.

I would like to keep this transaction public as an example of the honesty of this forums members.

Thad.

tek4g63,

I have some business for you if you are interested. PM me and I will send pics of the good stuff. Telecom and milspec only, no junk

Mikedmissouri.

I received the package just now.

It contained:

58 Large EPROM with visible gold
2 Small EPROM with visible gold
1 gold capped EPROM
2 AMD K6's
2 Intel i486's
5 Intel Pentiums with black heat sink
1 Cyrix MII
1 unknown Intel, I believe that you called it a Pentium K.

I will start working on them today.

Thad.

Just wanted to give a quick update on the recovery/ refining of mikedmissouri's material.

Due to flooding and freezing weather in my are the last week, I lost power a total of 4 times. The longest time lasted for 9 hours. The process was slowed by this, but is currently back on track. I have precipitated the gold from the solutions and am currently cementing out any values that may have been left behind. I will start the wash cycles on the precipitated values after they fully settle. ( Tomorrow ).

I will wait till I gather and wash any cemented values before I start the refine process. That way I can run it all in a single batch.

Thanks for the update. I hope you weren't affected too much by the nasty weather. BTW I went back and looked at my notes and that double gold Intel was a Pentium p75 not sure where I came up with Pentium k. Not that it matters now. Oh I found my first Pentium pro yesterday! Look forward to your next update.

I'm processing his eproms along with his other ceramic chips so yield data will not be accurate.

I'm running behind due to my wife being ill. All that is left is to run the final wash cycle on his twice refined powders. Then melt.

Another member has agreed to send me 10+ pounds of just gold window eproms. With his permission I will using that lot for a step by step guide to processing eproms with yield data. So keep your eyes on the new topics, because I will begin posting within a week of receiving his material, with his permission of course.

Back