• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Heat Sensor

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A thermocouple?

Type, J, k?

Do you need the desplay/ controller?

I have a unit that displays the temp and has two relayed out puts so you can set limits and alarms and such. Just need to know what type of thermocouple you need.

I don't have a manual for it, its used. But I'm sure that you could look it up online.

Just let me know and I'll get pictures and part # off of it tomorrow or Thursday.

My wife is sick in the hospital right now, so I I'll be staying up here with her till they let her go home.

Thad.

A multimeter will also work if it has a temperature read out. this is on from HF you can see the place to attach it in green. http://www.harborfreight.com/ac-dc-digital-multimeter-37772.html You will also need this https://www.google.com/search?q=small+thermocupling+bracxket&oq=small+thermocupling+bracxket&aqs=chrome.0.57.28781&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&spell=1&q=small+thermocouple+connector&sa=X&ei=xRoRUeayJ5GBrQGd2ICIBQ&ved=0CC8QvwUoAA&fp=1&biw=1278&bih=683&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&cad=b. Together you can tell the temp, but not control it. This is all on the backyard metal casting forum. but Thad's controller would work best.

Eric

Thad I hope your wife gets well.

Thank you all.

She has some kind of infection in her throat. Its not tonsillitis, not strep, and not mono. They don't know yet what it is, but they do know that the tonsils have to come out. Problem is she hasn't eaten well for the last week andher potassium is too low causing her heart to not be beating correctly. So until they get her potassium up and her heart normal they can't do the surgery.

Fortunately this isn't anything life threatening or anything. I just don't want to leave her at the hospital alone.

Thad.

tek4g63 said:
A thermocouple?

Type, J, k?

Do you need the desplay/ controller?

I have a unit that displays the temp and has two relayed out puts so you can set limits and alarms and such. Just need to know what type of thermocouple you need.

I don't have a manual for it, its used. But I'm sure that you could look it up online.

Just let me know and I'll get pictures and part # off of it tomorrow or Thursday.

My wife is sick in the hospital right now, so I I'll be staying up here with her till they let her go home.

Thad.

Hey Thad, yes i am interested in the themocoupling, when your wife gets better and home again, please send me a PM with how to contact you. You know i just live down the road from you.

I hope everything works out for her and she gets to come home soon.

Thanks
Ken

tek4g63 said:
Fortunately this isn't anything life threatening or anything. I just don't want to leave her at the hospital alone.

Thad.
Thad,

You are very wise for staying by your wife's side. My wife has been in a couple of times over the years and there is nothing anyone could say or do that would cause me to leave her bedside again. I'm not trying to bash hospital care. I've just found it's a little better when the patient's spouse is sitting there watching every move.

My prayers are with you and your wife.

Dave

Thank you Ken and Dave.

Ken,

I will contact you through PM when I have the unit in my hand. Its nice and small and made for a panel mount. I have several different styles of thermocouples but all are J and K type. What length do you need? And can it be bare thermocouple wire, high temp PVC coated, kevlar insulated, or ceramic coated? All my thermocouple supplies are at work, I'll just bring home what you need because I use this stuff regularly at work and would hate to leave it at home, then need it.

I'm glad that I could help.

Thad.

tek4g63 said:
Thank you Ken and Dave.

Ken,

I will contact you through PM when I have the unit in my hand. Its nice and small and made for a panel mount. I have several different styles of thermocouples but all are J and K type. What length do you need? And can it be bare thermocouple wire, high temp PVC coated, kevlar insulated, or ceramic coated? All my thermocouple supplies are at work, I'll just bring home what you need because I use this stuff regularly at work and would hate to leave it at home, then need it.

I'm glad that I could help.

Thad.

Thad to be honest,
I don't know, - what i'm doing is making a small furnace to melt in and also to incinerate powder in to remove the left over acid(HNO3). So i guess :roll: just something simple that will work. Nothing fancy. I guess i might have to get with you and show you what i'm doing and let you make a recommedtion since you work with them.

Ken

Ken,

I would enjoy helping you with this, but right now with my wife and both kids being sick, I do not have much free time.

I can however try and help through email contact with pictures. If you think that could help.

Here is some info on the unit I have for you.
Its an Omron E5CN.

Here is a link to the specs. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ia.omron.com%2Fdata_pdf%2Fdata_sheet%2Fe5cn_e5cn-u_ds_csm1378.pdf&ei=8uEVUdqMKYrO9QTO-4CoBA&usg=AFQjCNEJw4UJ6VSn4do9PmP7XNYtI3oPyw

I'll also provide you with several different styles of J and K type thermocouples to try if you would like.

PM me with your email and we can work out the details

Thad.

tek4g63 said:
Ken,

I would enjoy helping you with this, but right now with my wife and both kids being sick, I do not have much free time.

I can however try and help through email contact with pictures. If you think that could help.

Here is some info on the unit I have for you.
Its an Omron E5CN.

Here is a link to the specs. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ia.omron.com%2Fdata_pdf%2Fdata_sheet%2Fe5cn_e5cn-u_ds_csm1378.pdf&ei=8uEVUdqMKYrO9QTO-4CoBA&usg=AFQjCNEJw4UJ6VSn4do9PmP7XNYtI3oPyw

I'll also provide you with several different styles of J and K type thermocouples to try if you would like.

PM me with your email and we can work out the details

Thad.

PM sent,
Ken

To learn about temperature measurement ,sensors and controls go to Omega engineering on the net. They have a temperature Book that will teach you and provide a good, better, best selection of thermocouples, rtds, extention wire, and economical temperature controllers. You don't have to be an enginner to deal with them, and they ship fast.

And after finding what you need from Omega, send me a PM , I have boxes of Omega supplies.

Ken,
Hope that unit works like you need it to. Let me know if it gives you any trouble. Because if it does I'll bring you this Honeywell unit I have.

You will have to send me pictures when you get the furnace built. Thank you again for the other stuff!

Thad

tek4g63 said:
Ken,
Hope that unit works like you need it to. Let me know if it gives you any trouble. Because if it does I'll bring you this Honeywell unit I have.

You will have to send me pictures when you get the furnace built. Thank you again for the other stuff!

Thad
Your welcome Thad, and thank you for the sensor too. If you need anything else let me know.
Ken

Back