• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Keyboard little boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdlcar

Hi,

Any one that don't refine the little board inside the keyboard and like to trade or sell send me a PM. They could be brown or green in color.

Thanks
Jack

Ocean said:
post pictures please
I'll post some pictures of them. They are the boards that are inside of the keyboard where the wiring and mylars are connected to.

Kevin

testerman & others

Thanks for posting the pictures for me. Maybe other will under what I would like to refine. All the message I have seen no one has talk about them and I though I would try to refine some to check the yield on them.

Like I have said before this is only a hobby and what ever gold I get I will keep.

Jack

Those boards work great in M.A.M.E. ( Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) cabinets when building your own arcade game. I've wired them to joysticks and push buttons as dedicated input devices in my MAME boxes. The key to getting them to work is to identify the Mylar key matrix attached to the processors board so you can define the key matrix when hard wiring the controls on the input board. It's also handy if you have the original keyboard cable that wires the card to the computer. If you need any type of human feedback based computer software these boards are easily adapted since they convert a matrix of up to 100+ inputs into USB or PS2 data which any computer can understand.

Steve

lazersteve said:
Those boards work great in M.A.M.E. ( Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) cabinets when building your own arcade game. I've wired them to joysticks and push buttons as dedicated input devices in my MAME boxes. The key to getting them to work is to identify the Mylar key matrix attached to the processors board so you can define the key matrix when hard wiring the controls on the input board. It's also handy if you have the original keyboard cable that wires the card to the computer. If you need any type of human feedback based computer software these boards are easily adapted since they convert a matrix of up to 100+ inputs into USB or PS2 data which any computer can understand.

Steve
That's some great info lazersteve. I have lbs worth of them, and I still have keyboards I haven't taken apart yet, which will have all the pieces.

Kevin

Dumb question, but the silver/greyish colored finger is actually a tin coated gold finger?

wrmahaff said:
Dumb question, but the silver/greyish colored finger is actually a tin coated gold finger?
Why should it be tin coated gold? If it's tin coated then there is no gold.
Rub it against a piece of paper, if it leaves a grey streak then it is tin.
I think I've seen some carbon "plated" fingers in some keyboards but never any gold plate in over 100 keyboards.

Göran

g_axelsson said:
wrmahaff said:
I think I've seen some carbon "plated" fingers in some keyboards but never any gold plate in over 100 keyboards.

Göran

That's what has me confused. The picture above references a "gold finger", but all I see is tin. I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing because every other finger that wasn't gold colored I was taught/told wasn't gold or worth refining.

wrmahaff said:
g_axelsson said:
wrmahaff said:

Göran

That's what has me confused. The picture above references a "gold finger", but all I see is tin. I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing because every other finger that wasn't gold colored I was taught/told wasn't gold or worth refining.
Where do you see tin?

Are you talking about that metal piece that is attached to the board on the top? If you are, then that piece slides right off and the gold fingers is under that. Also, not all boards have gold fingers, as you can see from the other boards I put there just for reference.

Kevin

testerman said:
wrmahaff said:
g_axelsson said:
wrmahaff said:

Göran

Where do you see tin?

Are you talking about that metal piece that is attached to the board on the top? If you are, then that piece slides right off and the gold fingers is under that. Also, not all boards have gold fingers, as you can see from the other boards I put there just for reference.

Kevin

Might just be the picture, but the green board finger doesn't look golden. Maybe the flash washed out the color. You're gonna make me go break into my pile of keyboards now lol.

I believe those come from the older keyboard (maybe 80's - early 90's). You probably won't find many of them, depending on the keyboards you have. I have lbs worth because last year I bought a gaylord (cardboard box on pallet) of them. It weighed 950 lbs. Once I finish stripping them down, I will know which models will have the finger boards.

Kevin

Hi all,

I want to check the yield on them so other know the yield. I'm just waiting tell I get enough of them to check. I don't want them to go in the unwanted bin or get throw out.

Jack

Jack,
I don't currently have any lying around. But when I get some more keyboards to tear down I'll send these to you, no charge. I have a friend that may have a few old keyboards laying around. I'll make the call today.

tek4g63 said:
Jack,
I don't currently have any lying around. But when I get some more keyboards to tear down I'll send these to you, no charge. I have a friend that may have a few old keyboards laying around. I'll make the call today.
Can you let me know when you mail them so I know when to start looking for them.

Again Thanks
Jack

I'll send you some boards out to you, but it'll be at least a week before I get them together, because I'm going to have to cut them down, because I'm not wanting to pay to ship trash to you.

I have enough for you to work with. I started to keep them since I saw the gold fingers, but I I'll send you some in hopes that you'll be able to inform the forum of the yields, as to what they will bring.

I'll contact you and post here once I send them out.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back