• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Glass Rod and Melting Dish

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmdlcar

Hi all,

1. Can someone point me to where I can buy a glass rod to buy. Or dose someone have one for sale so I could buy it.

2. The only melting disk I have is made of Graphite so if anyone has a good use one they have and want to sell it let me know. I want to use the graphite but I don't want it to break. The maker said I need to use any borax with it but Geo told me I will have too.

Thanks
Jack

While they might look alike, isn't there a difference between a "glass" rod and a quartz rod? Glass rods are for stirring liquids, while a quartz rod is for stirring molten precious metals?
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks!
Phil

Jack,

I sell these items at my web store (link below) if you have not found them yet.

Steve

That's correct Phil, quartz is higher temperature capable than Pyrex, I have both available if anyone needs them, lengths to 48".

I'm glad I read this thread because I wouldn't want to put my glass rods in molten metal. I do have a graphite rod I bought before I bought some graphite blocks, that are large enough to make molds and whatever else I need for refining.

Now, I need to buy some quartz rods. If not for this thread, I would have never known.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back